Fireworks

"Jess?!" I scream, evidently shocked and taken aback. Feeling light headed, I decide to sit down before I pass out. 

"Hey." He says calmly, totally ignoring the fact that he went missing. 

Hearing these words flee his mouth, I stand up and walk up to him. 

"You complete arse Jess Mariano," I yell, before I push him back slightly, "You were gone for what seemed like hours, leaving me completely shattered, and all you can mange to say is 'Hey.'"

"I was in the bathroom." He says, shocked at what I have to say, while pointing backwards, in the direction of the bathroom.

"You were in the bathroom." I say, while massaging my temples.

"Yeah."

"Are you fricken kidding me."

"No."

"Who goes to the bathroom for 2 hours; you're a guy, there's no line for you to stand in."

"That's true, however, your dad was in there."

"And I suppose he kept you hostage for 2 hours."

"Well not exactly."

"I don't like my dad that much and we don't have a great relationship, but I don't think he keeps teenage boys as hostages as a hobby."  

"Well if it is, I think he should get a new hobby, like taking up the guitar."

"Whatever Jess." I roll my at Jess's last comment, and start to trail off, and head in the direction of the debutante ball. 

"Charlie, wait!" I hear Jess yell, as I walk away from him. 

 "What is it now Jess?" I ask, exasperated from his excuse and lack of attention to detail.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Jess asks with raised eyebrows.

"Hmmm, well I've got my glass slipper, I think that just about covers it."

"Oh well in that case, I might as well go." Jess says walking past me. 

"Good."

"Charlie..." 

"What?" I ask as Jess came towards me, pushing back some of my loose hairs.

"Jess what the hell are you doing?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest, jumping back from his presence. 

"Will you just stand still." He whispers softly.

His soft lips gently touched mine as we were united by a kiss, initiated by Jess. Drawing back, I was shocked and taken aback, while staring at the floor. Realising what just happened, a small smile crept upon my face as I came towards Jess. 

"What are you doing?" He asks, a puzzled look on his face.

"Will you just stand still." I say gently, bringing us both into a kiss. 

Staring into each others eyes, we both lunged forward into each others arms, both sharing a passionate kiss. The tender and intimate moment was perfect, deepened by the moonlight and various exterior scenery.