Friday Night Fights

"Geez Rory, I thought you said that you didn't take your books with you." I complained as I carried one of Rory's bags, entering the house.

"I didn't I only took a few." She replied.

"Yeah, a few being 30."

"Hey at least you only have to carry one, I'm here carrying three." Mum interfered.

"And we both offered to carry the third one but you were just too stubborn." I said. 

"I am not stubborn."

"You are so."

"Fire!" Rory exclaimed.

"What?!" Mum and I looked at her worried and confused.

"Nothing I was just feeling left out."

"Sorry hon, if it makes you feel better I got you out of Friday Night Dinner." Mum smiled, putting an arm around her. 

"It does, thank you. Hello living room"

"Hello Rory, we've missed you." I said in her ear in a funny voice.

"Except the ottoman of course, but everybody knows that he's a snob.Napoleon complex, he only really likes the magazine rack." Mum adds on. 

"I've missed everything so much, my  CDs, books-"

"How could you have missed your books, when you took most of them with you." I snark.

Glaring at me, Rory continues as she walks into her room "my room, hey where's my stuff?"

"Um, I don't know, everything should be there." Mum said, as we glance at each other.

"Then where's my pillow?"

"You didn't take it with you?"

"No I didn't actually." 

"Huh learn something everyday." I chime in. 

"Fine, we may have borrowed your pillow once or twice." Mum admits.

"Once or twice?" Rory raises her eyebrows, unconvinced.

"Fine for most of the time you were gone."

"Mum you have your own pillow," Rory states before glaring at me, "you too Charlie." 

"Okay, okay fine." I raise my hands up in defeat.

"Okay so listen you," Mum says to Rory, tugging her arm gently, "I got you off the hook for Friday Night Dinner."

"How?"

"Yeah, I would like to know how as well." I add.

"Well I might have told your grandmother that Rory is coming back tomorrow."

"Does this once in a lifetime opportunity apply to me as well?" I ask.

"No sorry hon. You and I will have to suffer together."

"Drat."

Rory starts making her way towards her closet and pulls out a nice summery dress. 

"Hey did you not hear mum, you're not going to Friday Night Dinner."

"I heard her perfectly, I just wanted to wear something nice."

"Okay, but isn't Dean in Chicago?"

"Yes, but I just want to look nice."

"To the Stars Hollow shindig?" 

"Charlie stop hounding your sister." Mum says, before a fight starts.