Prologue

my name is Mason Young I live in Georgia with my daddy, Scott. I don't even know my mama's name he won't tell me about her. Just said she don't care about anybody but herself and left.

    Of course I know that isn't true because there is a reason she left, my daddy is the reason she left, I just wish she took me with her.

I have brown hair and Georgia blue eyes, I am eight years old. I try not to be afraid of anything or anyone, but I can't help but flinch when people get to close, or cringe when I hear the sound of my front door slam. I have daddy dearest to thank for that.

I can't tell anybody about the secrets I have, The scars I hide, and the nightmares that haunt my dreams. Most of which are my daddy, I would love to be able to get my hands on his belt, and Maybe be about 6 feet taller.

     Of course if daddy ever knew what I was thinking I would probably Be 6 feet under. The worst days are Monday, because that's the day after the weekend when he comes home from the bar, I hate alcohol, I might not have the scars, and burns I have if there was no alcohol.

    On second thoughts I probably would, I don't think my daddy would ever change, drink or no drink.

You might wonder why not just run away, well trust me I have, once,
and there's a reason only once, I had made it almost to Atlanta which is a Half hour drive from where I live when a cop pulled up and asked me in a thick southern accent,

"what in tarnation as a little girl like you doing out here in the middle of nowhere."

I was so scared that I ran, I might be fast but that police officer was much faster, I hadn't gotten more than 50 feet away when I was swooped off my feet, and before I could even fight back I was in the back of a police car being given dirty looks for running away.

When I got to the police station I was question by an officer named Shane Walsh. He seemed nice, but of course I wouldn't trust him.

    He asked me a lot of questions and I just looked at him with a glare on my face and my arms crossed. He eventually gave up and called my daddy.

That day when I got home the door was barely shut when he pulled off his belt and the beating began.

    About an hour later I was too broken to move, I was too exhausted to even cry. Of course he didn't care he only turned off the lights and went to his room to go to bed. I stayed on the floor Drifting into sleep and out of it .

The next morning when my daddy came out he started yelling about how I was a weakling, he left slamming the door behind him.

     From that moment on I realized that nobody going to help me but me. I decided to learn how to take care of myself. I Went into my daddy's shed where he kept his knives which he hadn't used in years, and took them outside and began to teach myself to throw them at a tree in our woods. I can't trust anybody I don't want anybody, and soon I won't need anybody.