48.Devastation

Everybody is still gone when I get back to camp. It's time for a little revenge. I take the ears out of my bag, and sneak to the RV. Right where Andrea sleeps. Daryl may of forgiven her... but not me. I put them right under her covers. My dog looks at me, and nudges me over.
"Come on boy let's play," He follows enthusiastically. We run around, and play fetch. For once I feel like a normal kid.
I quickly put Apollo back in the RV, cause I don't want the adults too see him. Everybody disperses, but Daryl calls me over.
"Mason, I want you to stay with Lori, Rick, Glenn, or Dale if I'm not around. You don't go wandering off anywhere, ya hear?"
"Yes... Daryl what's gonna happen? It ain't safe is it, what if they get out?"
"The barn looks secure, but it's not a matter of being safe anymore, we're probably never gonna be completely safe again, but with me you'll be as safe as possible. Now go find Lori, I've got stuff to do." He says gruffly.
"She's gonna make me do schoolwork," I complain.
"Well then I guess you better get on over there before I start teaching you a few things," He says irritatedly.  
      I walk over, and sit on a stump near Lori.
"Would you like to do some schoolwork?"
"No."
"Well then that stinks, cause it wasn't really a question," She says with a smile.
"Why do I gotta learn to do this stuff anyway? It's not like it's gonna help me any."
"What if you see a sign, and it says 'no trespassing' or 'private property'?"
"Well then I reckon they wouldn't mind anymore."
"And why is that?"
"Their probably dead anyway," I shrug.
"Don't talk like that again. Now sit down, and start reading." I sigh, but obey, this is gonna be a long day.

"Alright you guys can be done for the day," Lori gives in.
"Finally... can we go feed the chickens?"
"Yes, But be careful," she warns.
"I can't Daryl said to stay with you."
"Well I'll explain to Daryl that I told you to go feed the chickens, Go on."
I smile, and me and Carl go to the chicken coop.
"Do you think we're gonna find her?"
"Yes," He says without a doubt.
"I miss her, she was the only girl that ever wanted to be my friend."
"Did you have any friends?"
"Not really, none that I trusted."
"Do you trust me?"
"I think the chickens would rather you feed them instead of interrogating me," I sass, and he laughs.

     Carl and I have been throwing a baseball that Maggie let us have around.
"Hey I gotta go talk to Shane, see you later."
"Yup." I go to the tent, and lay down for a bit, the heat is making me dizzy.
       "Mason?" I hear Carl call.
"What do you want?" I say tiredly.
"Come on everyone is at the house." I sigh and leave the tent. Carl and I walk to the house in silence until we get there. I see Shane walking faster and faster towards the group.
"What's goin' on?" Daryl asks. I stand right beside him.
"You with me, man?"
"Yeah," Daryl says in a low voice. He then turns to me.
"No matter what happens you stay right by me, no exceptions... got it?"
"Yeah I got it... what's goin' on?" I ask even though I already know the answer. He just ignores me and turns back to Shane, who is going on a little rant. I turn around and time to see him give Glenn a rifle.
"Daryl... please stop him," I beg.
"Stay quiet," He snaps.
"Please, Sophia is my friend... Hershel will make us leave."
"Mason, I'm doing this to protect you."
"I don't want to leave here. Daryl?"
"Stay quiet," He says even more irritatedly. Lori gets in Shane's face when he tries to give Carl a gun. I remember I have mine, but I'm gonna keep that to myself.
     I'm starting to feel overwhelmed, and turned around to look away from all the confusion. I'm only greeted by more confusion.
"Guys." They all turn around to look at me, and see what I'm pointing at. Rick is trying to put a zombie in the barn. Everybody starts running towards him.
"Masie," Daryl says indicating for me to follow him. I lagged behind with Lori and Carl. I saw Shane yelling at everybody, Rick especially. Then he pulled out his gun. That's when everything went down hill. He started shooting the walker Hershel was holding. I tried to run over to Daryl, but he yelled at me to stay there, and Lori grabbed my collar. We both had to stay back and watch as the devastating events unraveled before us.
Shane busted the lock on the barn door, and everybody including Daryl started shooting. When I heard the shooting stop I looked up.
     Everybody thought it was over, but it was far from it. I collapsed on the ground when the last walker, or so we thought walked out of the barn.
"Sophia! Sophia!?" Carol sobbed out, and ran to her. Lori grabbed me and Carl and held us to her. All I wanted was Daryl, but he was holding Carol. Rick drew his gun, and slowly pulled it up. Carl closed his eyes, but I watched everything. I watched the bullet go through her head, saw her fall, and I saw the reactions from the others. Mostly shocked, some angry, confused, and devastated.
I wriggled out of Lori's grasp, and ran to where Rick was. He stopped me, and that's when we heard one more growl. Something stumbled out of the barn... it was none other than my dear ol' dad. I saw Shane start to lift his gun.
"Stop!" I yell, and he looks at me confused. Everything went through my head anger mostly. I pulled the gun out of my waistband. I heard a few gasps after all they didn't know I had the gun. I hear Daryl,
"Rick stop her!" It was too late I raise my gun, and empty my clip into him. I don't stop there, I grab my knife out of my pocket, and run full force at him. I start stabbing him, I can't help it. I feel the bruises, and lashes all over me. I let all the anger out until I feel something grab my wrist, and take the knife away.
"Stop it now!" Daryl screams at me. I realize what's going on everybody is shocked, Carol looks devastated. She gets up, and runs back to camp.
"Let's go," Daryl says angrily. He rips me up, and drags me back to the camp.
"Stay here, best obey this time." I sink to the floor, and sob myself to sleep.

SORRY IT WAS SO LATE😕😕😕