Marshall POV: Compromise

*photo of Allen and Rolly*

I close my laptop chuckling. Wow, no cussing, may be a problem. I put my computer on my desk and head to the kitchen for dinner. Paul, our chef, had prepared lasagna for dinner. And made a seperate one for me.

"Thanks paul, im starving." He bowed his head and continued dishing up for the pack.

"Marshalllllll" I hear turning around. Rolly zooms around the corner with Allen following suit. They are twins.

"Hey guys, whats up?" I chuckled as Rolly devoured half a lasagna in like 3 bites.

"Not much been waiting ten years for lardo here to get back from school." Rolly responded earning a punch in the arm.

"I told you, my teams training for tryouts. Nationals is friday morning, tryouts are after words. By the way Alpha, i need permission to use the pack gym to train my squad? The two girls are human." Allen spoke, dirrected to me.

"Ill send out a link so the pack stays away. What days?" I asked stuffing my face, as Rolly got bored and left the kitchen.

"Wednesday and thursday." He said and i nodded sending a link to the pack saying to stay away. He thanked me and left with his dinner and tatianas. I took the rest of my food up to my room and went to bed soon after.

The next day i spend going everywhere. I was at the mall, where i got 2 girls numbers and for the heck of it slept with a third. I went for a run at the park. Walked through campus, I even did routine visits to the surrounding packs. No mate.

"I dont fucking understand Lee. She just doesnt exsist." I said in between reps on the bench.

"You are trying to hard dude. Your never going to find her if you actually look. You have 9 months before you graduate. Plus 4 months to mate before your father steps down. You will find her. Plus Max doesnt want it. Nor does he have a mate. He skipped out of town months ago."

I sighed sitting up after 15 reps and trading places. He has a point. My father may have to give it to me without a luna is Max rejects it. Or is he still doesnt have a mate either.

"Your right. Im working too hard on this. Have you checked on Allen and his squad? There using the gym tonight and i want you to be there making sure no one in the pack fucks up and gives us away. The girls are human." I commanded him as he bowed and we continued going.

"I dont understand how he can cheer. Before he met T, he said he did it for girls. But now he just does it because?" I stated, and Lee Chuckled

"I dunno man, they do some pretty wicked stuff. Ive seen him do some awesome stunts with my Cousin." I nodded. I forgot he had a cousin. Shes never around, and he rarely visits anymore. Ive never seen her, and Harp and Harold never come besides to pack meetings. Alot of members stopped coming around once my mother and the Luna died. Her funeral was huge and after people left, and rarely returned. My dad killed the drunk driver. He ripped him apart for what he did, and they never found his body. I dont feel remorse at all, the dumbass deserved it.

"You okay?" Lee said as I look back, I told him i just zoned out. I reminded him of his task as the humans should arrive any moment and continued on my way to my room to shower.
"Hey sexy," i hear jessica purr as i enter my bedroom. I wasnt entirly in the mood for her, but my wolf was. I crashed my lips into hers and pulled her into the shower with me. She was attractive, platinum blond hair down to her ass, grey eyes. She was skinny, almost too skinny and always smelled like other wolves. I was her preference though, as she wanted the luna spot. She used sent mask thinking i couldnt smell the others. I just go with it to hit it every once in a while when i am desperate.

I woke up the next day to jessicas body pressed against me. I pushed her off and took my computer to my office for school. I opened it up and the notifications started. Im gonna have to turn those off.

Cheerrlover34: Your poems are really great. So dark and emotional. You have a lot of expression in your pieces.

Me: Thanks. I looked at yours too. Is Burning bridges based on a true event?

Cheerrlover34: yeah kind of. Its complicated.

Me: yeah i get that. Lifes complicated.

Cheerrlover34: exactly. See you get me lol.

I chuckled at that statement.

Me: im glad i have an impact on someone lol ill be here all day. You can text me if you want to.

Cheerrlover34: okay but i wont tell you my name. Put me in as this.

Me: deal. 657-987-7008

Cheerrlover34: 657-345-2189

Me: okay i gotta get off here for work. Text me.

I left my office and was greeted by a pouting Jessica.

"Baby you left me, i was so cold." She whined putting her hands all over my chest. I groaned.

"Im busy. And im not your baby. Plus you smell like Randy." My wolf growled making her shrink and run away. Im done fucking with her. I turned around and headed back to my office.

A couple hours went by and i had a knock at my door.

"Hey dude, the humans are gone and wow they were amazing. Didn't know Mark was also a yell leader. And my cousins stunting with Allen. I didn't know that either. We caught up. I'm going to dinner with her Friday before she picks up my nephew." The end statement his tone completely changed. It was like he was happy and sad all the same time. His cousins practically his sister. They grew up together and that's all i know.
"Whats wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing, just get sad thinking of my nephew. Kid deserves the world, but has a piece of shit father. Id kill him if i had authority too." I laughed. Unfortunately he doesn't. Killing humans will get you banished as a rogue. And rogues turn into disgusting vile creatures, living maybe 2 years if they don't get a new pack. If they don't they turn into regular wolves. Losing all pieces of there soul. We chatted for a while before he left for his day-job as a security guard for the mall. I worked on getting ahead in pack paperwork and homework before falling asleep at my desk.

"Marshall," I jerked awake, realizing i dozed off on my pack paperwork and my father was scowling, "I hope you enjoyed your nap, i need this stack of paper work looked over. Also i thought about what i said and i think i have come up with a compromise for both of us." He stated with an almost smile, I groaned. "I have a list of all the alpha daughters, and betas in the area. If you don't find your mate by the time i am ready to step down you can choose one of them. I'm not saying stop looking, you don't have to mate with her. I just need our pack back together Marshall. She will just be the face of the pack, whom every once in a while you can mess with." he responded.
"Oh my god, dad ill agree if you stop talking to me about 'messing around'" I laughed as my dad cringed a little. "Ill see you at the pack meeting tomorrow night, i have paperwork to do now." I finished as he chuckled and left the room.