Chapter 2

Damian POV~

When I see her getting beat by the group of pack sluts, I furiously growl at all of them.

After getting one last kick, even though my mate is passed out, Veronica looks over to me. I can't believe that all this time I've been messing around with my mate's bullies.

"Get the FUCK AWAY FROM HER NOW." I scream at them. "Damian? What the hell? Since when have you cared about this freak show?!" Veronica says, obviously confused at my behavior.

I walk towards Veronica and pick her up by her throat, her hands go straight to mine and try to release my tight grip, "touch my mate again, and I'll rip your throat out WITH MY CANINES." I throw her to the ground and hear her wolf whimper. "Now all of you get out of here." They don't move but just stare.

"GET OUT. GO AWAY!"

They run like hell towards the student parking lot, almost tripping over each other. I would have laughed if I was in a different situation.

I run over to my mate, mentally preparing myself for the sight I'll be facing.

No fucking way.

Karisma Anderson is my mate. Karisma, innocent, intelligent and beautiful.

She's the prettiest she-wolf ever. The biggest ass I've ever seen, damn. The things I can do to that ass.

Focus, Damian, focus.

I pick her up and my wolf howls in pain. Her heart beat is slow, but she's breathing. I sigh in relief and decide to take her to my pack house. I'll let her finish up healing there and take her home after talking to her.

I walk over to my Porsche 911 GT and put her in the passenger seat, ignoring the stares and whispered comments. "I'll take care of you now, I promise." I whisper to her and kiss her cheek. I get into the drivers seat and rev my engine.

While driving to the pack house, I sneak glances in her direction every few seconds to make sure she's alright. She's so damn beautiful it's practically impossible. I can already tell that I'm going to want her; mind, body and soul.

*******

When I get to my pack house, I park my car and get Karisma and walk her into the pack house. When the adults and children see her they all huddle around their future Luna. Whispers, gasps and hands are all around as everybody tries to sneak a peek.

"I know you guys are excited to see the future Luna, but she needs to rest." I say to them calmly. A whole bunch of Okays and Fines come from everywhere as they disperse and walk away.

I take her to my room and lay her down gently. I see that she has blood around her face and arms and legs. I sniff and see that it's her blood. "I'LL KILL THEM" my wolf growls. "For now, we need her to rest." "Fine. I'll just stay in the sidelines, as fucking usual." He says and cuts off our mind link.

I start to take off her clothes, because they're dirty and bloodied up. I get one of my smallest shirts and a pair of my boxer shorts. After I wash her of the blood with a wet towel, I dress her in my clothes. Looking at her now, in my clothes, on my bed makes my wolf howl with pride. I decided against my wolf's wishes to lay with her. I don't want her to wake up and see herself like this thinking that I took advantage of her or something.

I go downstairs and to my dad's office to speak with him.

"Dad!" I say when I walk in and don't see him. Where is he?

"Yes?" He says as he walks out of his library. He sniffs the air. "What is that scent?" He says. "That's why I'm down here. I found my mate. She's upstairs in my room." I say with a grin.

"Congratulations son! It's about time you take over around here."  He says and smiles at me.

I'm the happiest person on the planet right now.

*******

Karisma POV

It's happening again. The nightmares. I give an ear piercing scream and start tossing and turning. And then, I wake up. My dad promised me that he'll never see the daylight again for what he did.

I begin to open my eyes and see that I'm not outside the woods like before. I'm in a room, on a bed, wearing a shirt and boxer shorts that are obviously for a male. No, no no no no. I stop moving to see if I feel any pain... Down there. But I don't. I sigh in relief that I wasn't raped... again.

I look around and see that I'm in my mate's room. It smells like him. I want to meet him, and talk to him and find out who he is. He has a desk in the corner next to a huge window covered with papers and textbooks. For a guy, his room is very clean and organized with nothing out of order.

All of a sudden, I hear footsteps on the stairs and they come to the door. I wrap my arms around my legs and bring them against my chest. My heart beats faster and the door opens. By the scent, I know that it's my mate.

"Hey, you're up." He smiles brightly at me

Damian Woods. Damian Woods!

Damian fricking Woods is my mate!

I can't believe this. He's the cutest guy in school, most popular, soon to be alpha of our pack... and my mate. He must be embarrassed to have me as a mate. Tears gather up in my eyes, and I begin sniffling.

"Are you ok? Did I do something?" He says with a small frown.

"No. I did. I mean not on purpose, I mean, I don't, oh my Goddess what am I saying." I say and cover my face with my hands. He's stuck with me, and that makes me feel worse. Tears run down my face uncontrollably.

He walks over to me and wraps his muscular arms around me. I cry into his neck, and he just let's me. "Shh, sweetheart. Shhhhh." I cry harder, because I've finally found someone who will love me unconditionally.

Of course my dad loves me, but he's busy a lot, since he's the third in command of our pack who deals with most of the business that's done outside of our pack's territory. Also because my mother died during a rogue attack, so he drowns himself in his work.

"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my head, but he holds my face to make me look at him. "Listen to me. I may not know you, but I can already tell that you're gonna be the death of me, my beautiful mate. You're so beautiful, gorgeous and sexy. I need you, we need you."

I know he's talking about him and his wolf, but I don't know what to do. Should I stay with him?

Or do the best thing for us and reject him?