2

ONE HOUR BEFORE HER DEATH -

THE PARTY WAS INCREDIBLY loud. Jasmina was surrounded by people she all hadn't deemed important enough to remember, their mindless chatter an annoying white noise in her ears. Lena had disappeared somewhere along the way, but she hadn't cared enough to really notice until now.

"You're looking beautiful tonight," a guy shouted over the music as he leaned in, the strong scent of cologne and new money overwhelming her.

"I know," she said as she raised her glass to her lips, the ideal image of a bored, rich girl who had it all.

Before he could flirt any more though she walked through the crowd, people immediately backing away to form a path when she neared. As soon as she reached the dancing area it became harder though, everyone there too busy with the alcohol in their hands and the music in her ears to notice her. Annoyance grew and prickled under her skin, ready to burst, and she was about to push the girl in front of her down when someone grabbed her hand.

"What has caused that frown on a lovely girl like you?"

She looked him over for a second, his face somewhat familiar, before staring him in the eyes. The guy in front of her was all charming smirks and defined features, handsome even in the darkness of the room, the silver disco lights illuminating his face briefly as they flashed over him, his blonde hair, straight nose, expensive outfit.

"Who are you?" she said as she shook off his grip.

"You don't remember me?" he said surprisedly as he stepped forward, decreasing the distance between them," I leave quite the impression on most girls."

"Alright," she said, unimpressed, before turning around and starting to walk away again.

"Wait," he said quickly as he stepped in front of her.

"You have ten seconds to tell me why," she said, before folding her arms over each other, bored yet amused at the same time.

"I'm Isaac Jones," he said," we've spoken before. You know me, I'm sure of it."

It was then she placed him. Isaac Jones, the guy who transferred into their school a year ago and had caused quite a ruckus with the amount of hearts he had broken. He came from new money though, so Jasmina never really had bothered with him.

And here he was, disturbing her.

"Well, now you're here anyway," she began," I have a question."

The distance was closed then as she touched his cheek with a hand, before grazing her nails across the skin, aware of the fact that he was getting goosebumps. She knew how she looked, the tight dress accentuating her curves, the dark sheet of hair, her red, pouty lips only adding to the combination of allure and sin she formed in the dark.

"What?" he said breathlessly.

She smiled as she leaned forward, breath fanning his ear as she brushed her lips across it, a faint red print on his skin the only sign she had touched him.

"Have you seen Alan?" she said softly," my purse is in his car and I need my lipstick."

Annoyance flashed in Isaac's eyes for a moment, but it was gone as soon as it came, quickly replaced by his smooth smile instead.

"I think your lipstick is perfect as it is," he said.

"I didn't ask your opinion," she said.

His eyes widened at her quick response and he parted his lips, but then decided against it. Finally, he sighed, before pointing at one of the doors leading to the massive living room with a jerk of his head.