22

"DID YOU REALLY JUST let a girl cry in less than ten minutes?" Ira said, red sparks sizzling around him.

"It's me," she shrugged as she stepped away from the sparks," it was easy to do."

"Isn't she supposed to be the conniving one in this situation?" Ari said.

"No, I am the conniving one in each situation," Jasmina corrected her, before adding," but you're right. She won't transfer."

"What? But she said -"

"She followed me around for years," she said as she applied lipstick," you think she doesn't know that was fake? There's a reason I kept her around, you know. You think those tears were real? The girl is faker than my faux fur designer bag."

"Do I need to do something?" Daichi said, orange wisps of smoke dancing around him as he looked at her.

"No," Jasmina said," I can handle myself. I provoked her on purpose."

"Okay, wait," Ira frowned," I can't follow it anymore. What's going on?"

Jasmina rolled her eyes, before placing a hand on his cheek as she spoke.

"This was a plan, doll," she said," do you think anyone would transfer just out of guilt? And especially not our dear sneaky Lena here - no, the fact that I lied to her probably let all self-righteous guilt she had disappear. The girl will try to ruin me at the nearest social event."

She smiled then. "It's only good then that that girl's party is this Thursday. I bet she's planning something already."

"You look quite happy for someone who just told us your ex-friend is going to ruin you," Ari said.

"That's because it's all part of my plan," Jasmina said with a pleased smile," you'll see it Thursday."

"You're telling me your whole act to her until now was just a plan?" Ira said slowly.

"When did you even start planning that?" Lucy chuckled," in hell?"

"Right after," Jasmina said," but just imagine, you're a person filled with a mix of shame and selfishness and the girl you betrayed came back to life. There were only two options left now, either she'd befriend me again and it would be the fakest friendship ever or she'd avoid me but talk behind my back. Both scenarios weren't ideal."

Jasmina's smile curled up into something more devilish as she continued. "No, I wanted to cause more permanent damage. So I acted angry at her - and then, when I was forced to confront her and put on the fakest act ever to get her to leave, all shame vanished out of her mind."

"She's going to cause a scene at the party," Jasmina chuckled," because I pushed her to this point and when she does, I'll make sure she'll never be able to show her face anywhere again. Her and Alan both."

"You couldn't have known whether she'd be here," Lucy said with a frown," or whether I'd stop the elevator."

"You think I picked out this mall on this hour for nothing?" Jasmina said," Lena always shops here around this time. There's a reason I asked Ari to come along, because the girl would definitely ask you and you are somehow dead set on making me a better person. If Lena was in the same mall as me and you spotted her, you would force us to spend time together."

"You're the most manipulative person I've ever met, Jasmina," Lucy said with an impressed chuckle," and that's a huge compliment coming from me."

"Why'd you assume I'd immediately invite Luxuria?" Ari said.

"Because we're close," Lucy smiled at her as she placed her arm around her shoulder and pushed Ari close," aren't we?"

Ari's cheeks flamed bright red and Daichi and Lucy smiled. Ira's eyes were still focussed in wonder on Jasmina though, red sparks flying around him like moons around a planet.