5

EVERYTHING WAS WHITE WHEN she woke up. As she pushed herself up, flinching when a throbbing headache ran through her, she had to blink the haze in front of her eyes away. Her whole body was sore, a dull pain running through her as she tried to move her legs.

"Jasmina, oh my God," someone exclaimed," you're alive!"

"I'm what?" she mumbled, but she was smothered into a tight hug before she could say any more.

"We all thought you were dead," the person sobbed," you've been in a coma for two days."

"I've been what?" she repeated, immediately shaken awake as she looked up at the person holding her.

Anger immediately flamed up though when she recognized Lena, the girl's eyes bloodshot and her normally glowing, chocolate skin pale. She pushed her away as hard as she could, not caring when Lena lost balance and steadied herself just in time.

"Don't fucking touch me," she snarled, before looking down at her white hospital gown," and don't tell me this is what I've been wearing the past two days?"

Before Lena could answer her attention was already gone though as she looked around. She was in a private room, her large bed by the window filling most of the space. Countless bouquets of beautifully arranged, colorful flowers filled the room, roses and lilies spilling from crystal vases.

She almost sighed, glad that whatever weird medically induced hallucination she had had over hell was just that - a hallucination.

And then a guy with horns walked in the room.

"Hello," he said as he knocked on the door," I was wondering when you'd wake up. That was quite the journey to Earth, wasn't it?"

Jasmina blinked as she looked at him, for once in her life at a loss for words.

"Who's this?" Lena said, a confused frown on her face.

"A human!" he exclaimed excitedly as he walked towards Lena," been quite some time since I've seen a live one -" He turned towards Jasmina then, grimacing as he held his hands up in a pacifying move. "Sorry gorgeous, you were dead when I saw you in hell."

"Hell?" Lena blinked.

"Don't worry," he smiled," you'll forget this soon enough."

He touched her forehead then, gazes locked as he whispered to her.

"Go home," he said," this never happened. I'm just a new prodigial transfer student that Jasmina's dear parents offered housing to."

The skin he was touching glowed orange then and silver circles formed like ripples. Lena's eyes were blank, glowing a misty gray and she nodded.

As soon as he let her go, she walked away without saying another word and closed the door behind her. The thud echoed through the room, leaving Jasmina behind with him.

He turned towards her then and she couldn't help but admire him for a second. Jet black hair was brushed out of his face, his red lips standing out against his fair skin. They seemed stained rather than flushed naturally, as if he had taken a sip of wine and it had all spilled down his chin. All the light seemed to be absorbed in his silken locks, like even the rays of the sun wouldn't be able to escape from his hungry eyes. She recognized them, knew them - they were the kind of eyes that were normal in her society after all.

There was something hauntingly beautiful about him though, it lied in his defined cheekbones, in the hollow of his collarbones, sliding across his straight nose. She knew, just knew that if she touched him, despite the enticing smile, she would cut herself on the sharp edges and he would lick up the blood dripping on his lips, not caring for the slaughter he left behind. And as he flashed his teeth at her, all doubt about it all flew out of her mind.