46

THOUGH THEY USED MAGIC to avoid confusion for their sudden appearance, they still didn't go by unnoticed. Even magic couldn't conceal how badly they stood out, with their ethereal faces and cold eyes, like angels mimicking humans. They weren't angels however, Jasmina knew that all too well, and they did too - whenever they smiled it only became all too clear they were demons after all.

Her first class was History and she was bored already when she set foot in the classroom. The teacher was a middle-aged man with a receding hairline and a permanent frown, as pretentious as he was stern. Despite that the man adored her, mostly because her grades were high and her smile sickly sweet. She didn't think the sins would have as much succes with him though.

Ira proved that point right away, crossing his ankles on his desk and staring blankly at the man. Victor stared at him with a frown, before turning towards Gio, who was sitting on his other side with his head on his arms. Priyanka at least looked at the man, though with the way she leaned her chin on her hand and tipped her head backwards she looked more like she was judging him rather than anything else. Ari, Daichi and Lucy were honestly the only ones who seemed excited to be there, all three of them staring at her teacher in anticipation.

They took up the whole back row and Jasmina had placed herself before Priyanka, not up for sitting right in the middle of whatever chaos would follow. Still, she didn't want to miss the show, so she would settle for this proximity instead. The teacher gave them all a confused glance, before his sight troubled with baby pink swirls and turned clear again.

"So, the new transfers I assume?" he said.

"You assume right, sir," Daichi beamed.

"Alright then," the teacher said, pacing in front of the class," I hope you revised the material, because it won't be easy to keep up otherwise."

"I highly doubt that," Priyanka said, a condescending smile on her face," unless you too are immortal."

"Like immortals exist," her teacher said with a roll of his eyes," if you're talking about God we will keep that out of this discussion here, I've gotten in trouble about that before."

"Come on now," Ari drawled," tell us, do you believe in hell, sir? I'm curious."

"The concept hell," he began, looking around," it's a belief that soothes and scares people. Especially when we're looking back to the second World War, what did you see there?"

"How did he make a question out of your question?" Lucy whispered amusedly.

Ari giggled, causing him to look right back at her.

"You," he said," you don't seem to care for my lesson that much with all that laughter, so why don't you answer the discussion you started?"

"Let's be honest," Ira called out," I don't think many people here care for the lesson."

The teacher's eyes widened, but before he could truly realize what Ira had said Victor already waved a hand, causing him to move like time was being reversed. Green smoke had appeared with the movement and disappeared as soon as Victor placed his hand down, causing the teacher to repeat the sentence he had said to Ari before.

"Shut up," Victor hissed to Ira," I have a manic fear of getting into trouble, don't involve me in this."

"I knew you were a teacher's pet," Ira replied amusedly.

Despite how he played it off Jasmina knew that the reason he had spoken up was about more than just boredom. It was clear that he had wanted to change the subject from war, but when Ari started talking, she could see him tense again.