25

THE DAYS PASSED WITHOUT her seeing Lena. Jasmina was sure the girl had called in sick, if only to avoid a confrontation until the day of the party. Not like she minded, as long as Lena thought she had bought her fake transfer, the girl thought she was safe from her wrath for the time being.

How horribly wrong she was.

As Thursday arrived and she walked to her locker, she was glad that only Victor and Gio were by her side. The other sins were all loud and absolutely chaotic, but at least these two enjoyed quiet. It gave her some time to further develop the plan in her mind, the amicable silence between them soothing. It was Gio's first day at school, seeing as how he had decided sleep was more important during his whole stay here. That was until the devil had sent him a letter made out of flames that he had to accompany her or get punished, causing him to stick to her like glue all day.

The same counted for Victor. Even though he was more used to the school now than Gio, he still disliked humans getting close to him with a passion, causing him to practically hiss at anyone talking to him. It didn't take him long to find out that staying by her side made people too scared to approach without her approval and now here he was, using her as a human shield.

As long as they didn't bother her she didn't care, so she had accepted it quickly. It just felt like her youth all over again, when bodyguards followed her everywhere.

She blinked when they neared her locker, a guy leaning against it as he seemed to be waiting for her. Gio remained as apathic as ever as he just yawned, but Victor tensed, venom green eyes focussed on the guy. Jasmina gestured with a hand for him to calm down though when she came closer and recognized who it was, a faint curiosity in her eyes.

"Isaac," she said," what's the ocassion?"

"Jasmina," he said as he pushed himself off the locker, the charming smirk on his lips faltering a bit when he saw the two guys beside her. He stepped towards her, blond hair in a tousled mess, brown eyes a mix of coffee and brief crushes. "Can we talk alone?"

"No," Victor said without skipping a beat.

Jasmina turned her head towards him, raising her eyebrows. "Since when do you make my decisions for me?"

"The devil told us not to let you out of our sight," he whispered.

"You're a sin," she said as she patted him amicably on his shoulder," loosen up a bit, break some rules. The others are off doing God knows what as well."

Isaac stared at them, a puzzled expression on his face as Victor hissed back in a hushed voice, but she just ignored the sin as she nodded at Isaac.

"Sure, let's talk."

And then Gio placed his arms around her and rested his chin on her head.

"Gio," she said slowly, patience running thin," let me go."

"Orders," he simply said, blinking his drowsiness away as he held her tighter.

"I will -" she began, the threat already tumbling down her lips, when Isaac stepped forward.

"Can't you hear?" he said," she doesn't like it. Let her go, man."

"You think I like it?" Gio yawned, before adding as he pressed his cheek against her head and closed his eyes," actually, you know what, you have the softest hair, I can fall asleep like this..."