10

ISAAC WAS A HANDSOME guy. Right now, as he was being held up by his collar though, pressed against a locker, red was splattered unflatteringly across his cheeks as he gasped for air, hair a tangled mess and eye blue.

They had hurried over to the place the sound had come from, only to arrive to him in such a state. The guy holding him up seemed to be out of this world though - and to be honest, he was.

"Do all of you demons have a short temper?" Jasmina exclamated.

"You said it yourself," Priyanka said," we're demons. What would you expect?"

The guy holding Isaac up noticed them then and when he locked eyes with Jasmina, she couldn't help but think he was handsome.

His hazel eyes flashed with the promise of violence, a haunting rawness lying underneath, his face all lines so sharp you could cut yourself, his lips a faint red, as if the taste of blood was still fresh on his tongue. His muscles were clearly defined, visible underneath his simple outfit of a black shirt and jeans, a crimson jacket highlighting his broad shoulders. He seemed like a model right out of an ad, despite the fact he all but screamed danger.

But the moment he loosened his grip on Isaac and the boy fell to the floor, his jacket rose up and she saw the multiple knives strapped to his belt.

"Where would you even need those for?" Jasmina said," you're in a school, calm down."

The sin didn't bother with her comment though, instead grinning widely as he saw Daichi, ignoring Isaac as he walked towards him and slapped him amicably on the shoulder.

"Gula," he said," how many decades has it been since we've been on Earth together?"

"Centuries I believe," Daichi laughed, a certain warmth in his cunning eyes.

"This reunion is cute and all," Jasmina remarked," but why were you attacking one of my classmates?"

"Who's this?" the sin frowned as he looked at her.

"Really, Ira?" Priyanka said with raised eyebrows," we literally gathered for the first time in decades for this."

"Our dear master got bored and decided to play a game again," Daichi helped," she's the reason he chose to have some fun this time, remember?"

"Ah, yeah," Ira said as his eyes lit up in recognition, before nodding at her as a hello.

"I suppose you're dedicated to your job and all of being Wrath," Jasmina said as she looked at Isaac who was still gasping for air," but want to clarify it now?"

"Why should I?" Ira said as he raised his chin.

She stepped forward to him, her fingers tapping on his shoulder as she looked up at him, a challenging glint in her dark eyes.

"Do you really want to see how horrible I can be?" she said softly.

"Yes," Ira said without hesitation.

Jasmina sighed as she raised her hands in a defeated motion. "I'm trying to be reformed and you all really aren't helping, damn. You should've said no."

"Why?" Ira said," I know for a fact I could handle you in a fight."

"Who said something about violence?" Jasmina said as she scrunched her nose up in distaste," that's so primitive. No, there are a lot more ways to break someone other than physically, you know -"

"Come on, Ira," Daichi said," I really don't want her to do something grand to ruin us all - she's stuck with us sins for a reason."

"What's she going to do?" Ira laughed.

"He's right though, Daichi," Priyanka said," she's just a human. And besides, she's supposed to act like a good, little girl – she wouldn't risk dying for a petty reason."

Jasmina laughed, but the danger in it was so clearly audible the sins almost flinched.

"I wouldn't risk dying for a petty reason?" she said," I only came back on Earth to not let my cheating scumbag boyfriend have the last word. If you think I won't be petty, you need to rethink that."

"What's all this ruckus?"

Their heads all turned as the principal rounded the corner, confusion visible on his face as he spotted Isaac lying knocked out on the floor. He was practically fuming as he looked back at them then.

"Who did this?" he said.

"Why would we need to clarify ourselves to a mere human?" Priyanka huffed.

Jasmina placed her hands over her lips then as she blinked rapidly, her eyes watering, before elegantly crouching down by his side. Worry was intertwined in her words as she cupped his face in her hands.

"Oh my God, Isaac," she said," what did he do to you?"

"Miss Nawar," the principal frowned as he looked at her, wary now he had spotted her," what happened?"

"We were just talking," Jasmina sobbed," and then he–" She glanced angrily at Ira then, completely the grieving girlfriend. "- decided to tell Isaac he didn't deserve me."

"Are you telling me this student knocked mister Jones out for such a petty reason?" the principal said, faint anger glimmering behind his eyes.

"He's such a petty person, principal," Jasmina said as she angled her face towards Ira so the principal couldn't see her expression as she smiled at him," I truly can't understand people like that."

"You –" Ira began, something beginning to boil beneath his surface as he raised his hand.

"You can't use too much magic here, Ira," Priyanka warned him as she placed a hand on his arm," Gula and Avaritia have already used too much on humans already, the devil will soon notice and reprimand us."

It was a clear warning, but Ira didn't seem to heed it, eyes sparking with the beginning of a fire that would burn this whole school down.

When the red rippled out from his hand, through the whole school, he stomped his foot on the ground. She glanced down at the floor, an unimpressed look in her eyes as she looked back at him.

"That was effective," she deadpanned.

And then she was thrown off her feet as an earthquake ran through the school.

"You're not being a model student right now," she managed to say when she landed on the floor and the air got back in her lungs again," destroying your school the very first day."

The sins were floating in the air, all of their expressions varied as they looked at the disaster Ira had unleashed.

"How does she manage to stay sarcastic even in a life or death situation?" Priyanka exclamated.

She couldn't reply, thrown in the air again with another exhale of the earth.

Before being caught in someone's arms.

As she looked at the person carrying her, she lifted an eyebrow.

"You're late."