45

WHEN SHE GOT HOME a day later, Daichi practically jumped in her arms. She held up her hand right before he could actually do so and he stopped himself just in time, standing still with his arms spread out. With a smile she pecked him on the cheek and he beamed at her, the pout he had on his face gone now. Ari stood behind him, eyebrows raised and voice accusing.

"You didn't visit me!" she complained," I actually tidied up a bit."

"You tidied up the human souls you torture?" Jasmina replied amusedly.

Ari chuckled, shaking her head. "Okay, you caught me, I didn't tidy up. Still, you left me out, my heart's broken."

"I'll take you shopping," Jasmina said.

"You're forgiven," Ari said without skipping a beat, looking happy now as she walked back towards the living room.

"Come on," Daichi said, gesturing towards where Ari was walking with a jerk of his head," everyone's together for once."

"That never means much good," Jasmina said, following along," what's going on?"

In the living room the sins were all draped across the couches and chairs, all of them looking up once she entered. Lucy snapped her fingers and a chair appeared out of the air in front of them all, making Jasmina feel like they were holding an intervention for her somehow. She took a place on the chair and Daichi sat down on the armchair of Ira's chair, pulling a leg up and watching her a bit nervously.

"Well?" Jasmina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Guys," Lucy laughed," you're all making this sound way more serious than it is." She turned towards Jasmina, smile warm. "We're all going away for a bit. You asked us if we had unfinished business or wanted to travel, so we want to make use of that opportunity while we're still semi-human."

"That's great," Jasmina nodded," you can ask one of my butlers for whatever and they'll have your journey arranged. I'll place the creditcards in your rooms."

Though Lucy didn't look surprised by her reaction, most of the sins did, Daichi breathing a sigh of relief. Priyanka just nodded, her expression more of a thank you than her words could ever express. It all wasn't that intense for Jasmina - she had an eternity with them after this anyway and besides, it wasn't like she wouldn't survive on her own.

"Aren't you mad?" Daichi asked, eyes flicking towards Jasmina," after we told you we'd remain by your side."

"Of course not," she frowned," why would I be? I wouldn't offer anything I didn't mean."

"Oh, you absolutely would," Ari laughed," manipulation is your middle name, Jas."

The nickname seemed to escape her lips and Ari's lips parted, watching Jasmina for a reaction. When she didn't show any, she seemed relieved. Lucy smiled up fondly at Ari, grazing a hand across her cheek and glancing back towards Jasmina.

"Avaritia is joking," she said," we all know you were serious when you offered and we truly appreciate it. We'll be back soon."

"Take your time," Jasmina said," I'll get you passports with my surname on it, so if you ever get in trouble -" She let her gaze wander across them. "- which knowing you all, you most likely will, you can mention that you're part of the family. That'll help in most situations."

"Excuse me," Victor said, waving a hand at his chocolate skin," how am I going to pass as part of your Middle Eastern family?"

"You're obviously adopted, next question," Jasmina said with a wave of her hand.

"Can we do something together?" Lucy smiled," before we all leave. I think I'd be fun if we go to school together one last day and go for some drinks after."