34

WHEN SHE WOKE UP she couldn't breathe. It only took her a second to find out the reason, Daichi's arms wrapped around her head as he pressed her to his chest. She disentangled herself from him, before turning around and finding Gio on her right, though he was taking up as little space as possible with his legs pressed to his chest, a stark contrast to Daichi. He was frowning and pale, his lips parting, and right on cue blue music notes started to play in the air. Jasmina glanced up at the magic, the turquoise notes bumping against each other in the wind and whistling something akin to a nursery song.

She remembered what Priyanka had said then and so she stroked his head, although she was unsure if it would help. His hair was silky smooth under her fingers, like a dream slipping away at morning light, the fatigue that usually overwhelmed her in his presence haven gotten less now. Them becoming humans had it's benefits after all.

As she looked around the room she quickly spotted the other sins, Ira sprawled out on her carpet, fast asleep, and Lucy lying in the corner on a pink beanbag that hadn't been there before. Ari was visible on the balcony behind her see-through curtains, lying face down, her hair a tangled mess of copper and her jewelry glittering in the beginning sunlight. Countless watches were scattered across the tiles around her and upon a closer look Jasmina noticed all of them were from her father's Rolex collection.

She counted them and frowned, before glancing at her window and finding Victor, who was sleeping peacefully against the big willow tree in her backyard. Ever since he had arrived he seemed to find some peace in the nature in her garden and sometimes, when he closed his eyes, it seemed like the leaves spoke to him. She shrugged the thought off and slid off bed, making her way to the door. A breath of fresh air may be just the thing she needed right now, because her head was beginning to throb and she wasn't sure what kind of hangover a demon drink would give her.

Before she could even step out of the room though someone grabbed her leg. When she looked down, her eyebrow raised, Ira was smiling sleepily at her, the sparks around him flashing like blinking fairy lights now. He yawned and tugged at her ankle, almost causing her to fall in his arms.

"If you let me trip I will kick you out of my room, Ira," she smiled sweetly at him.

"As long as you come with I don't mind," he yawned, eyes colored with fatigue and amusement.

He got to his feet then, stretching out lazily as his shirt raked up, revealing scarred skin. It was a stark contrast against the blemish free skin the others had and she glanced at it, before looking back in his eyes.

"Did you keep the scars?" she said.

His eyes darkened with memories as a hand grazed across his stomach, like the wounds were bleeding even now. "A reminder."

Though she was curious, she didn't ask anything else. She had an eternity with these people now and she didn't have to ask to know their past had been horrible. People who spoke money and arrogance, those were the ones she was taught to kick off their pedestal, but this wasn't something she was meant to intrude on, that she knew.

Something akin to gratefulness flashed across his face at her lack of questions, quickly being replaced by the fire he always carried, blazing so hard it seemed to burn even him at times. He grabbed her wrist and tugged at it, but she refused to move.

"Don't pull on me," she said, no room for objections in her voice.

"Why not?" he said," I want you to come with."

She leaned forward, grabbing one of the sparks around him and clenching her hand around it until it sizzled out.

"Then ask," she said.