49

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Lucy frowned worriedly when she neared.

Daichi almost jumped on her in his excitement to see her, but Jasmina stopped him just in time with a raise of her hand. The PE teacher looked surprised to see her, but didn't say anything about how she was later. If they were talking influence she easily had more than him, so it was a wise choice, especially considering how clear it was that the seven wild cards in his lesson only listened to her.

"We were just done running laps," the teacher said, a bit nervously.

"Did you all behave?" Jasmina said as she glanced around at the sins.

"Of course," Ari grinned.

"For now," Ira smirked.

"I don't need to show my powers to surpass some mortals," Priyanka replied with a roll of her eyes.

"But she's going to," Gio filled in for her.

Priyanka parted her lips, looking surprised that Gio had talked at all, never mind spoken her thoughts out loud. A blush bloomed on her cinnamon skin, ice shards glittering on the grass around her, Ari quickly melting them with a wave of her hand before the whole field would be covered in winter's kiss. With a shake of her head Ari leaned her arm on Daichi's shoulder, eyes amused.

"It's good that we swapped powers," she said," Superbia would have set this whole school on fire with her flames."

"Swapped powers?" Jasmina asked.

"Pride is supposed to be fire," Ari shrugged," and Greed ice, but Pri over here got a whole panic attack at the sight of her own flames licking her fingers. It's how we know a bit about her past, because the devil made the rare exception for our powers to change."

She had already assumed so, but the confirmation for her suspicions was nice. Despite how ice suited her, Greed's realm had been way colder and Priyanka way too explosive. Still, she didn't linger on the realization for too long, the teacher blowing his whistle and calling them in line. The sins took their place on either side of her, flanking her like they were her bodyguards, and she gave them all a glance that told them not to do anything too weird.

Or well, if they did do so, at least for them to erase the memories right after.

PE wasn't one of the subjects Jasmina was that interested in honestly. Most of the time she didn't even participate, either because she was too lazy or too bored. Physical strength never had been her best feature anyway, but it didn't need to be, because her mind was sharp enough to compensate. Seeing the sins participate would be funny though, even if she already knew that they wouldn't take her warnings to act normal to heart. It didn't matter, this whole school didn't anyway.

"Alright," the teacher said, clad in a gray suit the way all the teachers at Gaia were," I'm going to split you in teams and we're going to play volleybal. Whenever I whistle you'll rotate to go against another team, so you'll have plenty of fun."

"Wicked," Ira grinned.

"Shut up," Victor hissed at him," I'm trying to listen."

"Can't believe that even as a demon you remain a fucking nerd," Ira drawled, sounding more amused than irritated.

Victor didn't have much time to scowl, because the teacher started giving them numbers. When he was finished Jasmina looked around at her group, composed of six people including her, four of them being sins. With a look at the other group, where Daichi, Ira and Ari had ended up, Jasmina just knew the games would blow up, especially considering how impulsive they were. That coupled with the fact that no one in her group probably would hold back as well already made the outcome of this lesson clear. The unlucky guy who had gotten in her group as well didn't seem to realize this situation wasn't going to go well for him yet, a cocky grin on his face as he glanced at Jasmina.