32

WHATEVER WAS IN THE liquid Daichi was handing out, it sure worked quickly. Ari was giggling on the floor with Daichi, two flutes in her hands, the liquid swishing with every wide move she made. Lucy gracefully took one out of her hands as she passed, tipping it to her lips as Ari flashed her a bright smile, dancing to the music with a flushed Ira, his cheeks as red as the sparks sizzling around him, eyes flashing crimson every time he spun. Gio had draped himself on the couch, though his sleepy eyes were half-open, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Jasmina raised an eyebrow at the whole spectacle, amused, and turned to the table to take a flute herself. Her living room was wide, with floor to ceiling windows and white carpets, two of the walls swirling with gold and blue paintings, sun-soaked angels drawn on the top, all of them blowing a trumpet to some unheard tale. Her mother always had loved the Renaissance too much, the furniture various shades of white against the rich colors of the walls. In the light spilling from the windows, they looked like art themselves for a moment, frozen in a moment they would never capture again.

She had just raised the drink to her lips when a hand grabbed her wrist, causing her to stop.

"Don't drink that," Priyanka said, the slur in her voice clearly audible," that's poison, I tell you."

Her sheet of dark hair was a tousled mess now, her lips glittering silver and her eyes dazed. It was a far cry from her usual sharp tongue and cold features, all seeming to have faded into something more tired.

"That's how I like my liquor," Jasmina smiled as she took a sip.

Though she hadn't known what she had expected to taste, whatever this was it sure wasn't it. It was like honeyed champagne, but when it swirled in her mouth it left her tongue fresh, like mint, and the glitters in it sizzled out against the inside of her cheeks with notes of cherry lime and strawberry sugar. She had tasted a lot of expensive drinks and yet, she couldn't place this anywhere near them.

"What did he put in this?" she frowned, looking at the glass as she swirled the silver around.

"Don't ask," Priyanka said with a shake of her head," you won't like the answer."

Jasmina chuckled, before downing the whole glass, a rush of euphoria hitting her when it reached her throat. It wasn't like she needed it though, she was on a victory high ever since she had been able to enact her plan perfectly.

As if reading her mind, Priyanka glanced at her. "You are quite the mastermind, you know."

"I know," she smiled, before adding," and thank you."

The sin's eyes widened as she took a step back, her violet dress twirling on the floor like flames. "Did the heartless Jasmina Nawar just thank me?"

"You all act like I don't have any manners," Jasmina said with an eyeroll.

"You don't."

"Touché."

Priyanka chuckled softly, the glass resting against her full lips. The silence between them was comfortable, only broken when Priyanka yelled as Victor grabbed her leg. He was on the floor, trying to get away from Ira, who was pulling on his legs, his eyes those of a desperate man.

"Please," he breathed," he's crazy."

"You all are," Jasmina said matter-of-factly," you're demons."

The both of them didn't move to help and Victor got pulled away to his doom with a loud scream then, leaving them both standing at the table.

"We deserve this, don't we?" Priyanka mused, her glass swirling silver," hell, this eternal existence." She took a sip, her next words quiet against the glass. "My mother was right in the end."