11

THE DEVIL LOOKED GENUINELY annoyed as he carried her, stopping the earthquake with a brief swish of his hand. She was surprised to see all the sins immediately on one knee for him as he turned around towards them.

"You know I'm never one to discourage violence," he chastised," but if I wanted her dead again, I wouldn't have gone through all this hardship, now would I?"

"She said she would show me exactly how horrible she could be," Ira shrugged," I was curious."

"Liar," Ari laughed," you're short-tempered."

"I'm both," he counterfeited, before tilting his chin up as he looked at her," but right now, I'm just let down. I was almost expecting something after all that big talk."

"What do you mean?" Jasmina blinked innocently," is the devil himself not to your satisfaction?"

"What do you –" Ira began, before stopping mid-sentence as realization dawned on him.

Daichi let out a loud laugh, Ari blinked in amusement and Priyanka just looked downright shocked.

"You all should be ashamed though," the devil said as he shook his head," she isn't even a sin yet and she managed to be more cunning than all of you."

"How?" Ira said.

"I just guessed the devil would not like me in mortal danger," Jasmina said as she leaned in his arms, a smirk on her face," besides, you being Wrath and the first expression I got from you, you didn't seem like a person who would stay calm when a so-called 'mere human' would challenge you, never mind be cowardly and lie."

"You know," Ari said," the devil isn't that kind. He could have just not come."

"What do I have to lose?" she said," I'm dead anyway. The choice was dying in an earthquake for a petty reason or surviving and proving you wrong. It was a win-win situation."

Ira's lips parted, various emotions flashing over his face, before settling in a genuinely amused one as he laughed.

"I like you, human," he said," going to such lengths to be right, risking other's lives and not caring for your own – you've proven to me you're quite a bad person and those are exactly my kind of people."

"Speaking of being bad," the devil said as he let her down," you do know you're supposed to be reformed, right? I'm not seeing any change yet."

"It's my first day back," she said as she placed a hand on his chest," relax. Diamonds are made with time."

"Just a reminder," he shrugged, before flashing her a charming smile, velvet voice enticing as he spoke," you know I wouldn't mind having you in hell, you're quite interesting."

"Tell me something new," she said.

He chuckled briefly, before nodding at all of them.

"Well, despite how amusing this all has been," he said," I've got to get back to hell. It's quite a busy job to torture all of humanity's worst, you know."

"I don't doubt it," Jasmina said, before flashing him her sweetest smile as she leaned in and pecked him on the cheek," also, thank you, doll."

He blinked in surprise, before a loud laugh escaped his lips.

"Jasmina Nawar," he said," you're perfectly suited for hell, I do hope to see you again within thirty-one days." He turned towards the sins then. "And with that notion, I won't be coming to help you a second time. Despite how I like to manipulate people, I'm afraid being on the receiving end isn't something I ever intend to be again, so don't kill her in the meantime, alright?"

When the sins didn't reply, he raised an eyebrow and despite the fact Priyanka did so reluctantly, they soon all nodded and chimed," Yes, we won't kill her."

"Good boys," he smiled, before vanishing in a cloud of smoke.

Jasmine stretched herself out, wincing ever so slightly at the newly forming bruises on her back from where she was thrown on the ground. Despite how petty she was, she didn't blame Ira though. The devil hadn't sent her sweet angels, no, he had sent her these demons for a reason – and she was far from being one to judge them for being bad when she knew she was so herself.

"He blocked my path," Ira said then.

"What?" she said as she turned towards him.

He nodded at Isaac then, before looking back at her. "That guy. You asked me why I was fighting with me and you deserve a reply."

He grimaced then as he looked at her abdomen, concealed behind her clothes, and she knew he hadn't missed her wince as he looked back in her eyes. "I always act before I think. I'll try not to do it again."

It was as much of an apology as she would get of him and she was satisfied with it, so she just nodded.

"Never mind that," she said," where are the rest of the sins? I'm really done with finding them when I'm just trying to be good and then being thrown in a situation where they destroy the school again."

"I didn't destroy the school –" Ira said.

She ignored his protests, instead looking at the sins with raised eyebrows as she folded her arms over each other and tapped her heel impatiently on the floor.

"Well," Daichi said," Acedia is probably sleeping somewhere and knowing him, we'll just find him at your house in a random bed, so don't worry about him causing trouble."

"Luxuria will more likely seduce someone than destroy something," Ari said with a shrug," I think she'll show up halfway through the day, she's never been one to like being early to the party."

"Then the only one left will be Envy, right?" Jasmina said.

"Invidia doesn't like Earth at all," Ira laughed," or well, humanity. He'll most likely break something."

"He can't do anything worse than you," Jasmina shrugged," the school's already destroyed."

"I didn't!" Ira said, before just waving a hand, a faint, red glow pulsing through the school as all the rubble cleaned up and it was restored to it's previous state," there, I even repaired it."

"Good boy," Jasmina praised him.

"Jasmina?"

They all turned their heads at the source of the voice, Jasmina's gaze locking with Isaac's as he looked at them, all big eyes and confusion.

"Was that magic?" he said," who are they?"

Jasmina sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Fuck."