Chapter twelve

Battlefield

The battle was ongoing. The wolves and two Volturi guards had taken the newborns attacking from the side while the rest were up against the rest of them.

The kings had only agreed to two of theirs fighting with the wolves incase their mate was in that group. They were not willing to risk her getting killed and picked Jane and Alec to help them.

They had dismembered and lit almost all newborns on fire when Jasper had gone up against a small brownhaired girl. She didn't seem to have any fight left in her as he was about to give the final blow.

A hand stopped him mid air and in a matter of seconds he flew across the field, surprise clear in his eyes. This alerted everyone. Either fighting or burning body parts.

No one had heard anything at all so the confusion grew as they saw another newborn.

Normally vampires made sounds, even if only vampires could hear those sounds. The sound of feet running, the sound clothes make when you move, this newborn didn't sound at all. Every movent she made was quiet, forcing her eventual opponent to rely on sight and smell to even know she was there.

Caius was the first to react on this newborn being their mate and held a hand up to stop Felix from fighting her. Unfortunately Felix stood too close and she took it as a threat, giving him not enough time to avoid the new bite mark on his arm.

She was on guard and hissing and growling at anyone that got close.

By now the Cullens had backed off as much possible as they didn't want to scare her more. It was a good thing Edward and Bella wasn't there. Her eyes were black, making it look like she hadn't fed in ages. The only one she allowed to be even fifteen meters away was Caius. Aro and Markus stood further away. He was in awe. To him their mate was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Tell me what you think :)

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)