Chapter fifteen

Third pov

Will drank slowly, wanting to savor the taste. Soon the human she'd been drinking was empty and she shook it, frustrated that it was empty. A hand touched her shoulder. Marcus gave her a soft smile. "Well my dear, since you are done eating maybe some introductions are in order. My name is Marcus." Aro gave her a happy smile. "My name is Aro. And this is Caius." Caius surprisingly had a smile too.

Will pov

The atmosphere felt light and happy. Weird since these guys belonged to the scary group of vampires in black coates that had visited Riley and my maker.

Aro and Caius wasn't standing as close as Marcus, almost like they didn't want to overwhelm me.

Aro sat down on one of the bigger stones. "Would it be okay if we ask some questions?" I nod. "How much do you know about vampires?"

I fidget a little. "Not much... Riley did tell us some things, but he probably lied about most of it." Marcus gave me an encouraging look. "He told us that vampires burn in the sun, but i think that was to make sure we stayed in the basement during the day. He also said that the only thing keeping us from doing what we wanted in Seattle was those yellow eyes."

Caius looked amused. "Yellow eyes?"

"Yeah, Riley talked about how Seattle used to be their territory, and how they were going to kill us if we didn't kill them first. Oh, he also said that the reason their eyes are yellow is because they're old."

The three of them chuckled which made me confused. I guess he saw my confusion, because Marcus clarified. "Their eyes aren't yellow because of age, they are yellow because they only drink animal blood."

I can feel my face twist in a disgusted grimace. "That sounds gross."

Caius smirked. "It is, but they seem to think that if they pretend hard enough they will become like humans again."

Aro chuckled. "As for the other things, Seattle was never their territory and we most certainly do not burn in the sun." He sighed. "Now, as there is a few things your maker obviously neglected to tell you. Do you know what a mate is?" He continues when i shake my head no. "To make living as an immortal more bearable every vampire have a mate. Or as humans say, a soulmate. They are basically your other half. A good example is the other two newborns that were with you."

Confusion clouds my mind. "Why are you telling me that?"

Aro looks a little more serious. "Because you are our mate."

"Oookay, can you elaborate on that?"

Caius chuckled. "It means you are our soulmate, as we are yours. Have you felt secure and happy around us?" I nod."That is one of the things that marks out the mate bond. It develops over time, but at the beginning it can be a little unstable for the youngest of the mates as they find their place as a vampire. The oldest is usually most protective." He explained.

"Okay, what does that mean for me?"

"Since you are our mate it makes you the future queen of the vampire world." My head starts to hurt slightly. This was the longest i had been concentrating in the last four months. He must have noticed because he said. "We can always talk about that when your newborn year is over. You're four months old so it's eight months left. We have to make a stop at the Cullens before going back to Italy, just so you know."

I make a face. The thought of going near the yellow eyes really wasn't tempting. A sudden thought hit me. "Where's Bree and Diego?"

Aro answered. "The boy took his mate away when he smelled the human. A smart choice as the Cullens would never have let them get near. I think they might be heading back now."

I look down suddenly remembering the dead human. Without looking at my mates, i put it down a safe distance away and light it on fire.

Third pov

The three kings knew that their mate more than likely wouldn't remember much of what they talked about. They watched her in slight fascination as she lit the body on fire.

Aro found himself wondering how she would get along with the Cullens. She already seemed to have a dislike for them.

Under the circumstances it was a justified dislike, she had been ripped from her human life to be used as a pawn against them. Whether she knew it or not some of the dislike would never go away. But depending on how their second meeting went she might be able to at least tolerate them.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)