Chapter thirty-seven

Third pov

The destruction on some parts of the castle had been expected and the repairs would take some time. The knowledge of what happened spread quickly, but so did the Volturi's victory and the Queen's fight with the former romanian rulers became public knowledge.

However, something that had been kept secret, was the injuries she suffered.

During the reparations Will constantly stayed as close to Caius, Marcus and Aro as she could even when she tried to find anything on her human life.

While they had been tormenting she had actually laid most of the things they'd said about her on her memory. Particularly the fact that she did indeed have a grave, through research she found out that it was in a graveyard in Seattle. Much more than that had been hard to find.

The kings had noticed that she was looking into something but figured that if there was any problems she would tell them. They trusted her to be able to make that call on her own, though they still worried about her. A few of the injuries that came when her head had been ripped off took time to heal.

Vladimir and Stefan had been burned and were no longer an issue. Same with the army of newborn vampires they brought.

Will found that even if she did like pants and shirts, she also liked dresses and wore them quite often. Most of her favorites had been found in the old room in the closed off wing. (This was the one she'd decided to wear.)

Sulpicia and Antheodora had gone home after a few days

Something that bothered Will was the fact that Jane avoided her. The young girl had grown on her and she was worried about her, so she decided to check with the one person that would know something. Alec.

Will pov

The corridors echoed with the few voices of some vampires that got a few free minutes to themselves. Almost everything went back to the usual after the attack.

I found Alec standing with Demitri. "Hey Alec, can i talk to you?"

He nodded. "Sure, what can i do for you?"

Demitri went to do something, letting us talk alone. "Do you know why Jane is avoiding me?"

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Well, don't tell her i said this, but she feels guilty."

"Guilty? Why?"

"You're her idol, i guess you can call it, for a long time it was just me and Jane. Even as vampires she had problems conecting, until you came along. And now she feels guilty for not being able to help you." He explained as if it was the simplest thing in the world. I sigh. "Thanks for telling me. I'm going to go talk to her."

Finding Jane didn't go as well as i hoped. It was like she disappeared from the castle entirely. "Looking for Jane?" Aro looked slightly amused. "I think she is in the old wing." I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing to the wing.

Third pov

The room she found her in was less than clean. Jane had her hair free and her cloak off and for the first time she truly looked like a child. It had never hit Will before how young Jane actually was when she was turned, when they wanted to burn her and Alec at the stake. "Jane?" She moved closer and took a seat beside her. "I talked to Alec, you don't have to feel guilty you know? I made it out, right?" When she didn't answer Will continued. "Rather me than you anyways, i wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if i knew you got hurt because of me. You know, i don't think you and Alec have ever had the chance to act like children, play, go to parks, make scrapbooks, and if you want i would love to do that kind of stuff with you two." Jane was so still that for a moment Will was sure she would bolt. "I would love that..." Jane's eyes glistened with venom tears that would never fall as she hugged her.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)