Chapter twenty-three

Third pov

After a few hours of talking the kings were visited by some of their contacts in the Italian mob. The queen slipped away and walked around to avoid draining the wrong person.

Will pov

After almost an hour of walking i find what looks like a training room. The door i find goes to the walkway high above the ground and there is vampires below sparring with each other.

Felix and Alec supervised them from one side of the room. Not wanting to disturb i sit down by the wall and watch them. It's quite entertaining and I sit there for a while.

Soon i guess either Alec or Felix noticed me because Alec joined me on the walkway. I give him a smile. "Hi Alec."

"Hello my queen. Wouldn't you rather stand down there with me and Felix? I can't imagine sitting up here on your own can be much fun." He asked.

I shrug. "Sure, i don't see why not." He leads me down to where Felix is standing. He gives me a smile and a wave. "What brings you here mistress?" I take a seat on the edge of the small platform sticking out from the wall. "A group of humans came to talk with Caius, Marcus and Aro so i left."

He nodded in understanding. "Yeah, they did have a meeting with the Italian mob tonight."

"Why do they work with the mob?" He looked like he was thinking over his answer. "Well, they can control the criminal activity while having human eyes keeping watch for them. And they can import things for us while we get rid of certain people for them. Do you get it?"

I nod. "I think so." One fight on the floor got more intense and a guy dressed in grey came flying. He hit the wall, gave us a hasty apology before going back to the fight again. Looking over the guards fighting i ask. "Why is everyone dressed in different colors?"

Now Alec answered. "Well, there is a difference between being a part of the Volturi coven and the Volturi guard." He showed her his Volturi crest. "Everyone in the coven has these, either as a necklace, belt buckle or a bracelet. Every coven has a different crest. When you join the guard you only get to dress in white, when you have trained fifteen years you get grey clothes and once you reach thirty years you are an official guard and get to wear black." Most of the people sparring are wearing grey. "So most of them have already trained for fifteen years?" He nods. "Exactly."

After what feels like a few hours i feel my throat burning again. Soon it's almost unbearable. I slip out of the room and go back the same way i came, doing my best to not get lost. In my hungry haze i actually bump into someone.

Third pov

Caius almost jumped in surprise when someone bumped into him. (Not that he'd ever admit to that) The corridor had been completely quiet so it could be only one person. He looked behind him to see Will standing there looking a little confused. She smiled a little. "Hi Caius."

He smiled and began walking with her following him. "You've been gone for a few hours, find anything to occupy yourself with?"

Will nodded. "Yeah, i found the guards training room and hung out with Alec and Felix."

He chuckled. "I can imagine they were surprised to see you there. The training room is quite far into the castle."

She shrugged. "I don't know if they were surprised....." Her hand touched her neck to try and relieve the burning.

Caius noticed. "Hungry?" After receiving a nod from her he continued. "I don't think bagged blood will be enough... I'll tell Aro and we can head out to hunt if you want to?" He had a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't want to give up hunting in favor of having her food brought to her.

Once again she nodded and he lead her to a waiting room a short walk from the throne room. "I'll be back soon." Will sat down while he went to talk to Marcus and Aro.

Will pov

The waiting room is painted white and the furniture is black. There is a beautiful painting of a black haired woman with the Volturi crest hanging from her neck. Her eyes are a dark red and she's wearing a magnificent dress. A voice speaks up. "That's Sulpicia. She used to live here but moved together with her mate Antheodora." Caius is standing by the door. He moves a little closer. "She was married to Aro but they divorced when i found Antheodora. Apparently they were mates. They lived here until thirty years ago, you'll probably get to meet them someday." He has a soft smile. He looks the most peaceful I've seen him since the battlefield. "Who painted it?" I ask. "I did. I painted most paintings around here."

My eyes widen. "You did? Can you show me sometime?" He chuckles. "Of course i can. Now, i believe you're hungry. And Aro and Marcus knows I'm taking you on a hunt in a city further away, so we'll need cloaks incase we don't make it back before sunrise." He helps me get my cloak on without breaking it before putting his on. We go to one of the exits of the castle. Everyone we met moved out of the way for us. Outside the stars shone brightly as we ran through the night.

I made Sulpicia and Antheodora mates :P The introduction of my new book is up, the book is named Flaming.  Tell my what you think about the chapter :)