Chapter thirteen

Will's pov

Bree stayed behind me. I growl and snap at the ones closest to us, my brain going haywire trying to figure out a way out.

The guy i threw across the field doesn't look to happy as he watches me from where he and the rest of the yellow eyes stood. There is only six yellow eyes, the last one and the pet human wasn't there.

Other than them there is five others, two that i saw outside the house where Riley and our maker had been but the others were new faces.

The only one that didn't back up to far was a blond guy. He watched me with a strange look. Bree covered behind my back.

She had a sad expression. "He's gone. Diego's gone." She talked so quiet that you could barely hear her.

Before i had the time to answer the sound of someone approaching alerts everyone.

The look on Bree's face when she saw Diego coming out of the woods made everything worth it. He stopped once he saw the others and took a defensive position. Surprised looks spread over the others faces once they saw him.
The man with long black hair spoke up. "We do not wish to harm you. We just want to talk."

Third pov

They watched the hesitancy, and indecision as she kept an eye on all of them and protected the smaller newborn behind her.

Marcus had been studying the bonds between their mate and the other two newborns. While she had easily breakable bonds to the newborns currently burning, they were mostly bonds that was created by acknowledgement, she even had a strong hateful bond to her creator, but her bonds to these two were strong and protective. It would not do them any good to threaten these two. He held his hand out for Aro to take.

Aro took his brothers hand. He knew Marcus was right. Harming the other two newborns would only bring the wrath of their mate. He watched her throw a few quick looks at the boy at the edge of the woods.

She still hadn't made a noticeable reaction to his words, at least until she moved slowly backwards until she was between them and both of the other newborns.

As soon as she gave the smaller girl a gentle encouraging push towards the boy, the girl almost threw herself into the boys arms. She mumbled incoherently while the boy held her and calmed her down like only a mate could do. He purred. It wasn't loud but it still explained a lot. Mates can only purr for each other.

Caius was still the closest to her and smiled slightly as she relaxed a little more once the smaller girl were in the protection of the boy. Her eyes were still watching them intently, making sure to watch for any wrong move.

"You wanted to talk...?" Her voice sounded like bells.

Caius nodded in response. "Yes. We just want to talk."
She was still cautious. "About what?"

"Do you know who your creator was?"

She made a face. "Not really. I know what she looks like.." She didn't feel like telling them what she had seen outside the house their maker had resided in. "I assume she met the same fate as the rest here did." She motioned to the still burning piles of former vampires.

"Do you know how many of you were created?" Carlisle asked from where he stood with his family.

They all watched the new queen in slight fascination and admiration. She was a beautiful vampire, more so than most, and unusual.

In normal cases a newborn wouldn't try so hard to help another newborn, much less two. She looked wearily at Carlisle. She didn't feel too fond of the yellow eyes. "Over fifty, but i can't answer to the ones before me."

Will pov

The yellow eyed man nodded.

"More than fifty?" The woman beside him blurted out.

I nod. "Yeah, cramping a lot of vampires in a tiny basement usually doesn't end we-" I'm interrupted by the sound of a car some distance away and someone running.

But the thing that immediately caught my attention was the sound of a heartbeat.

Tell me what you think :)

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)