Chapter twenty-seven

Cullens

The living room was filled with both the Cullens and a few of the wolves.
The wolves weren't happy with the Volturi coming back.

"Why are your vampire royalty coming back?" Jacob sounded less than happy.

Carlisles answered. "Because of the vision Alice had. The Romanians building an army is a very serious matter. If they succeed the vampire world will be dragged into a war."

Sam frowned. "With millions of victims i assume..." Edward nodded.

"Is that newborn coming with them?" Bella asked from Edwards side. Alice nodded. "Yes, she is coming with them. I can't see much more."

"We'll just have to make the best of it."

Volturi
Third pov

The trip to the plane had gone easier than expected as Will slowly got more and more used to humans. Sure there was still times where she ended up eating them, but there was still progress. She'd been very quiet since they left the castle.

Will knew it was a little unreasonable for her to dislike the Olympic coven as much as she did. She couldn't entirely understand it herself but something felt off around them and those yellow eyes creeped her out.

The kings kept a close eye on her the closer they got to Forks. She acted more skittish than usual which was to be expected but she was still doing good.

The car stopped outside the Cullen house. The scent of the shape shifters was everywhere.

Will pov

The overwhelming dog smell made me want to turn and run. I grip Marcus sleeve. "What's that smell?"

He answered quietly. "Shape shifters. Humans who can turn into wolves, the Olympic coven has a treaty with them."

They have a treaty with wolves? Did something fry their noses? How can they stand being around people that smells this bad?

The head of the coven, Carlisle i think his name was, opened the door and greeted us. "Aro, my old friend."

Aro smiled and greeted him the same way. He led us inside the house where everyone was gathered. They'd been smart enough to not bring the human this time but the smell lingered.

The vampires inside smiled and welcomed us, well except for the scowling blond and the mind readers smile didn't seem genuine.

I stayed right beside Marcus as everyone took a seat. He smiled slightly and spoke so only i could hear. "Why don't you sit with Caius, he might need someone to keep him calm." He suggested, i thought for a moment before nodding and sitting beside him.

The others kept a weary eye on me as they talked. The seer let Aro look through her memories, once was done he had a troubled look. "It does seem like they are preparing to attack us, we will have to prepare for the worst."

Marcus frowned. "Is somebody helping them?" He directed the question to the seer.

"I didn't see, but they might have the help of a few nomads." She looked apologetic as everyone frowned.

"Is there any chance you can send out spies?" Carlisle asked.

Marcus nodded. "We can." After some time i started tuning them out, the talk boring me. Absentmindedly i started to braid a small portion of Caius hair. I noticed the mix of shocked and amused looks.

I guess i spent a about an hour playing with his hair before a question was directed at me. "Would you be able to provide sketches of the vampires that was in the same newborn army as you?" The mind reader asked and i shrug. "Sure can, why?"

"It would help covering up the damage of people going missing." A brownhaired woman explained as she handed me a block of paper and pencils. "We were at least over fifty, it might take some time."

She smiles warmly at me and i can't help but smile back. "That's okay, we understand."

Third pov

It was obvious to anyone watching that the young queen liked Esme much more than the others. The kings could only feel slightly amusement at the split feelings in the Cullen family. Some of them looked almost offended at the nicer attitude Will showed her. Others looked either confused or relieved.

Caius took the braid out as his mate began sketching her former coven-mates. They continued discussing what their options was.

It took almost two hours to make all the drawings. But when they were done she felt quite satisfied with them. By now most of the Cullens had gone off to school leaving her, her mates, Carlisle and Esme. She handed Esme the drawings. "I hope they'll help." Esme smiled. "I'm sure they will."

Time skip

Aro was on the phone talking to a guard back in Volterra. Marcus sat quiet, deep in thought, and Caius wasn't at the hotel they were staying at the moment. They had booked the whole hotel so Will could wander freely without worrying.

She looked through most of the rooms completely lost in thought. She didn't really care about what the Romanians were doing and while she didn't like most of the Cullens she did like Esme. She was the only one that was genuinely nice and not sucking up to them. The mind reader was still extremely creepy and she'd actually been able to feel him trying to poke around inside her head.

Will pov

The soft sound of someone moving caught my attention. Felix smiled and bowed. "My queen, the kings have a meeting to attend to and they are wondering if you want to join them." I shake my head. "I would like to stay here." He nods. "We will be leaving a few guards with you." He leaves the room.

I hope you like it. Tell me what you think :)