Chapter thirty-five

Third pov

The fight was intense, all three parts had cracks running over their skin like spiderwebs. Will fought for her life, for everything she held dear and everything she'd finally managed to gain. There wasn't much of her that didn't run on instinct, but that small, small part that didn't, knew that if she didn't win then it was over for her. She'd pissed the two former rulers off and her mates connection to them didn't help her at all, in fact it made her situation worse.

When she finally, finally smashed Vladimir's head off his shoulders she allowed herself to hope that this would turn out fine.

Unknown to them the rest of the castle was filled with vampires fighting as well.

Caius released Antheodora and Sulpicia from the fire circle they'd been held captive in. The two former queens were less than happy after a week in it. "Have you found Will yet?"

Caius shook his head. "Not yet." As he and his brothers had made their way through the castle they'd make sure to check for their mate. The sound of marble breaking caught his attention. It had come from the room further down the hall and in no time two vampires came crashing through the doors.

In pure desperation Will grasped at anything that could give her an advantage, she underestimated Stefan and he got a good grip on her neck. The last thing she saw before her head was ripped off was the desperation and fury in Caius's eyes.

(Okay, I'm not so mean that i would leave a cliffhanger here)

Caius wasn't known as the most sadistic and angry king for nothing. He'd been to war before, hell he'd gone alone to take out newborn armies on his own before.

He was not to be underestimated.

In a quick motion he beheaded the man that dared to hurt his mate before he turned to Will. Her head had been ripped off clean so it would be easy to put back but he was worried how her sanity would be after this.

Antheodora put a hand on his shoulder. "Caius, you need to put her back together now."

She watched as he carefully put Will back together. There was so much love in his movements as he did this that she felt her heart clench. She'd watched the four of them together, been amazed at how well Will fit in with them. But she'd also realized that the four of them couldn't see that the same way others did. Sulpicia hugged her close as they listened to the remaining kings footsteps coming closer.

Jane watched in horror from the doorway as her queen's head had been ripped off, and for the first time in years she felt truly guilty that she hadn't been able to help. She let Alec lead her away from the door. "She'll be okay sister, help me catch the left overs from their 'army'."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)