Chapter seventeen

Third pov

Edward stood slightly behind Jasper trying to catch any thought at all from the newborn beside Caius. The quiet comming from her unnerved him. It wasn't natural, it wasn't like with Bella that he couldn't hear anything. It was like static. It was the only way he could explain it.

She didn't look too different from other vampires though, at least not when she stood still and you could barely notice her gift then.

The queen had a noticeable wariness to Carlisle as she quietly moved back to Caius.

Esme smiled at the young girl. She couldn't have been more than nineteen when she'd been turned. Her clothes looked worn and her long dark brown hair looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in a few days, still she carried herself with grace. "My name is Esme, I'm Carlisles wife. It's nice to meet you."

To a lot of their surprise the young queen gave her a small smile. "Hi.."

Jasper kept a close eye on her emotions as Alice went closer. "Hi I'm Alice and this is my husband Jasper." She said with a cheery smile and motioned to Jasper.

Will pressed closer to Caius. She didn't really like these two but at least they didn't give of the same wibe as the guy behind them. He had been looking at her with a weird expression. It felt almost like someone was poking around in her head.

Will pov

The pixie- like woman smiles at me, even though it wavers as i don't say anything.

The guy that had spent all this time looking at me steps forward, giving me a slightly off smile. "My name is Edward. May i ask how you ended up with Riley as a vampire?"

I shrug. "He found me on the streets..." I answer quietly. Edward nods. "It's lovely to meet you."

I frown. He seems so fake. "You're the guy that brought the human." I point out.

Caius chest rumble slightly as he chuckles, he isnt the only one to find my remark amusing though as a few chuckles come from around us. His smile goes stiff and Carlisle steps in. "Yes, we do apologize for that." He hesitated. "We are curious, have you been informed that you have other alternatives to humans?"

Caius stiffened. I couldn't see Aro and Marcus reactions. "Yeah, i know about your absurd food choice." Edward looked offended. "And I'm not interested." Carlisle face fell slightly.

Before anyone else could say something Aro spoke up. "Well, my old friend. We have done what we came here for and will be returning to Volterra." The blond man nodded. "Of course, do come for another visit when you have time."

"The next time we come here the girl better have been turned." Edward doesn't look happy as Caius said this but didn't say anything. Wait, they're supposed to turn their human pet? I thought they wanted her to remain human.

Carlisle smile never disappeared as he and Aro talked. My hand rests on my neck as it begins burning again. I tug on Caius sleeve and he looks down at me with a questioning look. "I'm hungry, i want to go." I'm talking too quiet for the others to hear.

He nodded and turned to Aro, saying something in a quiet voice. Aro nodded. "It seems we need to go now, our mate is hungry and I'm sure you don't want her to feed within your borders."

"Preferably not." Was Carlisle answer.

Third pov

The Cullens watched in silence as they left. They hadn't expected the queens answer to their diet but that didn't discourage them.

With the volturi

The guards watched as in curiousity as Caius and the young queen left their group to hunt. Marcus saw their questioning glances. "They're just going on a quick hunt while we head to the plane."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)