Chapter twenty-two

Third pov

The dark, mostly bare room didn't look very child friendly. Yet there sat a child on the bed. The short brown hair and baggy clothes first gave the impression of it being a boy, but with closer inspection you could see it was a girl. Screaming could be heard from outside the room. Fighting parents Aro assumed. The child on the bed shook slightly in fear as the screaming got closer. Suddenly, a loud bang and the familiar sound of a body hitting the floor.

Aro's eyes refocused on his mate.  She looked curious, as did his brothers. He himself was curious. It was the first time he had seen so little when looking through someone's memories. "Hm, i didn't see much.."

Will pov

I furrow my brows. There's a look in his eyes that tells me whatever he saw it wasn't pretty. He opens his mouth to tell me when i hold a hand up. "I don't want to know." I can see Marcus concerned look and Caius confused one. "Riley picked all of us from the streets, i don't think a single one had a good background. So i don't want to know."

He nodded in understanding and stood. "It's your decision, my dear. Tell me if you change your mind."

I nod. "I will." In an effort to change the mood in the room i smile. "Is there anything more i should know about this place?"

Sorry for the short chapter, i want to include a short extract from a book i have in mind.

The sun shone on me making me look like a disco ball. It's been a while since i last fed and i can feel my sanity slowly slipping away and giving place to the hunger. Knowing that if i don't eat soon i will go crazy, i quicken my pace and to my luck i find a small town. The town is mostly empty, except for the injured human a little further away from me. My brain shut down and soon the only thing i could taste was the sweet, sweet blood running down my throat. A body almost slamming into me alerts me to me not being alone. With a furious look i throw the guy back. He goes through the brick wall and rolls on the ground before getting up. I hold my prey closer, not willing to give up my food. "Sam, back off. She can't bee more than three weeks, and she'll fight to death over her food." My head snaps towards the new voice. A guy taller than me, with short brown hair and red eyes studies me. "I think she's the childe of that nomad that passed through two weeks ago." A slightly shorter black haired guy looked a little more weary. The first guy looked amused when i continued eating while keeping an eye on them.

What do you think? Should i make a book out of it? Tell me what you think about it and the chapter :)