Chapter 6-His Majesty

Chapter 6

His Majesty

"What news?" I asked as I threw the doors open to my wife's apartments, waving everyone out.

"Barren as ever." She answered as she came in to hug me. I kissed her head and hugged her close to me before I spoke.

"Women who conceive are not barren. And you are well able to conceive. Have you abandoned this foolery?" I asked her as she escaped my grasp and went to pour me ale.

"I have not. And when my time of the month came, I was even further set on this course." She told me.

I don't know why I was even entertaining this. That is not true. It was because deep down, I wanted an heir. And she knew this. I also wanted to make her happy. Her mood seemed to improve after this last tragedy of birth. She mourned, of course. But I think this idea was in her head and kept her from drowning in her grief as she did before.

"I have chosen who it is you are to lie with." She informed me, sitting on my lap.

Smelling her intoxicating sense and feeling her soft skin on mine almost saw me forget myself and what we were speaking of. I put my goblet down and wrapped my arms about her.

"So soon?"

"She was chosen before I came to you. You two are to meet tonight. I have arranged it. Now, please, have her brought to you by servants. I need witnesses that you were with her. Noone can be able to deny this child is yours. Keep her sheet and give it to your men in the morning. The same as you did on our wedding night. To prove her innocent."

"Right. You have it all planned. Would you like to witness it as well?" I snapped.

"You think this is easy for me. Don't be deceived because my resolve is strong. It pleases me not to think of you with her. This is how it must be. Please, I just beg you, do not love her."

"Never. It would be impossible. There is only you for me. Never will there be another."

I headed to my chambers, bathed, ate and then sent for Betheny as my wife had requested. She was brought to me through passageways but seen by servants. I could tell they were shocked by the looks they gave to each other. They knew that I was not a king to bed women other than the queen. This was indeed a shock. It was one to me as well.

Betheny arrived in a yellow shift and robe. Her hair loose. The way the yellow played off of her dark skin moved me. She came in and curtsied. I stood her up and sent my servants away.

"My lady. If you are in anyway nervous or doubtful, we can say goodbye and never speak of this again." I told her.

No, your majesty. I have no doubts. I understand why we do this and I am honored that the queen chose me for it." She told me.

I didn't want to dawdle. "Very well." I told her and pulled her close to me. I took the robe and let it fall from her shoulders and onto the floor. Though her shift was yellow I was able to see through it. I saw her body and I felt an instant arousal. Her body stirred something in me.

I bent down and kissed her lips, softly. Her lips were parted and I stuck my tongue in her mouth. I began to massage her nipples on those perfect breast and moans began to escape her lips. The more I rubbed, the louder she moaned. The more aroused I became. It was a vicious cycle of lust.

I pushed her shift from her shoulders. It too hit the floor. I then took one nipple in my mouth and began to roll it between my tongue and my lips. Then on to the other. She was now moaning and rubbing her hands over my hair and back.