|Chapter 5|Sleep|

Scarlett's POV-1 day later

I took my clothes out my bag and put them in the closet, which made my closet look pathetic because I only had three pairs of black jeans, two were ripped, a Nirvana top, a Ramones top, a Rolling Stones top, a white hoody with a pentagram on the back, a pair of black vans and some black wedge booties. There was still so much room in there though. There was a small compartment that opened up, inside was a black silk bag with nothing inside, perfect. I pulled my kit out my bag and placed it inside the bag and back inside the small draw, which was well hidden away.

I was sat on my bed texting Jamie, until there was a knock at my door. I opened it and JJ was stood outside, "Hi, can I come in?" He asked,

"Sure," I quickly replied, he walked straight past me and as he walked in slammed the door closed, pressing my against it. It was at this point I realised he reeked of alcohol, and was way too close for comfort.

"You're very pretty, did you know that?" He slurred as he reached over and locked my door,

"Uhm, thanks?" I said, slightly scared, and gently pushing at his chest.

"What's wrong Scarlett? Scared?" He chuckled,

"Actually... yes, so I'd really appreciate it if you could back up a bit," I replied, now pushing at his chest harder, but he wouldn't budge,

"Good," He said, grabbing my arms pulling my up onto my bed,

"JJ, stop," I whimpered out,

"But I don't want to," At this point I was crying for him to let me go, but he kept me pinned to the bed, I started to scream out for help, but he covered my mouth, he reached for my top, and I knew I was screwed, that was until someone started to bash at my door, "Don't make a sound," He hissed, but I didn't listen I wriggled out of his grasp and shouted again, and then the door burst open, and stood there were two very angry looking boys, Josh and Simon. As soon as they realised what was going on, Josh charged in and ripped JJ off from me, and Simon came over and checked me over, he reached for my hand and I flinched away. I couldn't move as I watched Josh attacking JJ, Simon grabbed my face and made me look at him, "Don't look at them, look at me okay," I nodded, sure, looking at Simon meant I didn't have to watch what was happening, but I could still here it.

I shut my eyes and dropped my head to my knees, shielding my ears so I couldn't hear them, but it only made it worse, as I started hyperventilating.

Simon's POV

She was terrified, and I almost didn't here the sound of her struggling for breath over the sound of Josh's shouts and JJ's yelps, I had never seen Josh like this before, not even when Freezy accidently pushed Freya over and she ended up in hospital getting stitches. I sat next to her and laid her down, but she just crawled away into the corner of her bed. She was staring at Josh and JJ again, and was breathing so quick and so hard.

"Simon," She sobbed out, "Please make it stop,"

"Make what stop?" I asked,

"Josh, make him stop, he's scaring me," She whimpered out, still struggling for breath,

I nodded and walked over, pulling Josh off JJ, not without a struggle,

"Josh, chill man,"

"Simon, fucking let go of me now, this prick needs to learn not to feel chicks up when he feels like it,"

"Josh, you can deal with him later, but you're scaring Scarlett," I whispered,

"What?" He said, and stopped struggling instantly, and pulling away, walking straight over to Scarlett,

Scarlett's POV

I felt the bed dip next to me, and looked up to see Josh, concern written all over his face. My breathing was still extremely ragged, he pulled me into a hug, and at first I tried to pull away at the sight of the blood that coated his knuckles, arms and shirt. But eventually stopped as my breathing slowed and I started to sob again. He held me close and I heard Simon say, "I'll get rid of him and call Ethan,"

I managed to whimper out a 'no''. I didn't want Simon to leave.

"Do you want me and Simon to swap?" Josh asked, sweeping my hair from my face, I just nodded, "Okay," He said, reluctantly pulling away, and Simon taking his place, "Simon, please make sure she's okay, and check her over for injuries," He said,

"And you take care of him,"

"Okay," He said and walked away, dragging an unconscious JJ with him.

I sat there, completely numb, not fully understanding what had just happened, Simon sat in front of me, also sweeping my hair away from my face, but not the same way Josh had done, he put my hair behind my ear and used his thumb to wipe the tears that had stuck to my face. He then kissed my forehead and pulled me into his chest.

"God, I was so scared," He whispered, "I thought-" He stopped and held me closer,

He laid me down and stood up, "I'm going to the kitchen, do you want anything?" He asked kneeling next to my bed,

"A water bottle please," I whispered, he nodded and walked out, as soon as he did I rushed over to my closet and pulled out my kit, shakily rolling up my hoody sleeve, looking at the marks I had made only a few days ago. I shook my head and pressed it hard against my wrist, blood poured out instantly, I did it several times needing to feel relief. I heard Simon walking up the stairs, so I grabbed my kit and rushed into the bathroom, locking the door. I began to wash my wrist then wrapped it in bandage. "Scarlett? Are you alright you're taking a long time," Simon asked, I swung the door open and looked at him, "I'm fine,"

"No you're not, you've been crying again,"

"I know, but I'm okay for now, well, as okay as I can be in this situation," I replied looking at the ground,

"Okay," He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my bed, "Now, get back into bed, if you need me, shout me okay?" He tucked me under my duvet and turned to leave, I grabbed his arm,

"Simon, wait," I whispered, "Please stay with me, I really don't wanna be alone right now,"

"Are you sure?" I just nodded in reply and scooted to the edge of my bed, he climbed in next to me and laid there awkwardly, I snuggled into his side, my head on his arm and wrapped my arms around his waist, at first he did nothing, but after a while he pulled me closer. "Sleep now Scarlett," He whispered, I nodded and closed my eyes.