|Chapter 12|Memories|

Scarlett's POV-Two Years Ago

I was in my favourite underage bar, I'd ran away from my foster parents, my foster dad had taken it too far. He'd beat me, and he had since he adopted me, but as we were eating dinner, he started trailing his hand up my leg, and his hand caressed places no 'dads' hands should. So I was sat there with a measly £20 a glass of vodka and my thoughts. That was until a tall, brown haired guy who looked about 20 came and set next to me.

"Hey," His voice was smooth, the best way to describe it would be like melted butter,

"Hi," I said back,

"I'm Mark," He said and held his hand out,

"Scarlett," I smiled and shook his hand,

Scarlett's POV-Current Time

"I spent hours at that bar with Mark, he made me feel pretty, special, and took me away from all the nastiness that went on at home, and then when he found out about my foster parents beating me he asked me to move in with him, which I did, willingly, in fact no, not willingly, happily, everything was amazing, he'd buy me stuff, didn't force me to do anything I wasn't ready for, there was just one thing he didn't like me doing, he had this door, under the stairs, and there was one rule, and now that I look back, I hate myself for breaking it. He would disappear to that room for at least an hour a day, then lock it until the next day. And one day, curiosity got the best of me, he left the key on the mantle piece above the fire place. I knew not to go down there but it intrigued me, so when we both went to bed, I waited for him to fall asleep and crept downstairs. I swiped the key, and unlocked the door, it led to a small basement room. There was a large ring hung from the ceiling, and two similar ones attached to the wall, but these ones had two cuffs underneath. There was a cabinet against the wall, I walked over and opened it, inside there was knives, ropes, chains, guns, a lot of stuff. I knew Matt was in a gang, and that's where all his money came from, I just didn't know it was this serious. I backed away from the cabinet, but I backed into something. I turned around and realised it wasn't something, it was someone.

"One fucking rule, ONE RULE Scarlett, you dumb bitch," Then I felt a huge hit to my head and I fell to the floor, I don't know how long I was knocked out for, but when I woke up, I was chained to the ceiling, naked, and he was sat in a chair staring at me. He kept me down there for at least two months, he only let me go when he had to, over those two months he would cut me, strangle me, use me as a human punching bag or other times I was just his sex doll. He made me feel weak, scared, he made me worse then I was," I sobbed and sobbed as I told Ethan my story, he held me throughout the whole story, he was crying as well, and tense, meaning he was angry.

"Why did he let you go?" Ethan asked planting a light kiss on my forehead,

"He, uhm, he, I," I shivered as I remembered the pain and the tears, I pulled away and sat facing him, he gave me a questioning look, I lifted the hoody from my hip and showed Ethan the ugly, red scar, "He didn't get a choice, he could have gone to prison if he didn't," I felt Ethans hand lift my hoody just a bit more, then all the way off, he looked at me for about ten seconds, scanning me over, then looked away, I put my hoody back on.

"What did he do?" He asked, clearly extremely angry,

"He was planning on making a small cut, but I flinched from the pain, only I didn't flinch the right way so the knife went in, only a little, but enough that I screamed in pain, but he liked that, very clearly, because he pushed it in more, and dragged across a few inches, if he didn't let me go I would have bled out and died, so he drove me to the hospital, threw me out the car and then drove away. That's when the orphanage caught up with me again, and I went back," He pulled me into another hug, a tight hug at that, but I didn't mind because I knew both me and him needed it.

"I can't believe you've been through so much shit, and you're only 17, I promise I'll protect you, even if it means from the boys, I will keep you safe I promise,"

"I know you will Ethan, I know you will," I fell asleep in Ethans arms, and to the feeling of him kissing my forehead once again.

"Goodnight Scarlett,"