|Chapter 8|Make Her Happy|

Jamie's POV-The next day

I felt awful for shouting at her and scaring her, but it was the only way I would be able to leave without hurting her any more. About 6 months ago, I went for a check up at my doctors. The check up turned to multiple, and sooner or later I was told I had terminal cancer, and there was nothing they could do to help me as it was too late. They gave me 3 months to live, but somehow I've gone on for a lot longer. I didn't tell Star, I knew it would destroy her. The reason I freaked out on her today, wasn't because I was angry, but because two weeks ago, the doctors gave me a month to live. I surprisingly took the news well, up until recently, I didn't like living in the fear of knowing that one of these days I could drop dead, so I came to the decision that I wanted to end it all, before my disease did it for me.

I was sat on the sofa in my flat, I guess you could say I was writing my suicide note. There was two that I was writing in fact, one to Scarlett and one to the boys and Freya. I had everything set in front of me, the two notes, a bottle of Lucozade- Scarletts comfort drink, a bottle of water and three bottles of eszopiclone- sleeping pills, I wasn't taking any chances. And finally my phone, I knew it wasn't possibly the best thing to do, but I was texting Scarlett my address, to ask if I could apologise, when realistically, I just wanted her to find me, and the notes I had written to her and the others.

As soon as I sent that text, I poured out a whole tub of the sleeping pills into my hand. and swallowed each and everyone with water, when I moved onto my second bottle, I started to feel extremely dizzy. I, once again, swallowed every single one, I was going to move onto my third bottle, but I my arms and eyelids felt heavy, and I knew that this was it, I was going, for good. I laid down, and just like the end of a movie, everything faded to black.

Scarett's POV

I asked Simon to drive me to Jamie's address, and he happily agreed. He blue-toothed his phone to the car and let me chose a song of my choice. I immediately put on my favourite song, which isn't necessarily a dancing sort of song, in fact, it's quite sad, but I still really enjoyed it. It's a song called 'When She Cries' by Britt Nicole. I sang softly along to the lyrics as Simon focused on the road.

"Little girl terrified,

She'd leave her room if only bruises would heal,

A home is no place to hide,

Her heart is breaking from the pain that she feels,"

I sang every lyric right till the end, I felt Simons gaze on me at the end. "Wow," He said,

"What?" I replied,

"You're just really good at singing," He smiled,

"Thanks," I replied,

I just let his music shuffle play and he had a really good taste in music, a rap song that I'd never heard before came on, "Hey, he sounds like you," I said,

"That's because it is me,"

"Wait, really?" I turned to face him,

"Yeah, it was a diss track on JJ's brother,"

"Wow, you're actually really good at rapping," I said,

"Thanks, we should collab sometime," He said with a laugh,

"Collab?" I asked,

"Wait, you still don't know?" He asked shocked,

"Know what Simon?"

"All seven of is, including Freya are YouTubers,"

"Oh, wow,"

"Yeah, we're pretty popular as well," He said with a fake hair flip, which made me giggle, "Hey, that's the first time you've properly laughed," He smiled,

"I guess it is, you really bring out my good side Simon," I sighed happily,

We pulled up outside a block of flats, I climbed out the car and Simon followed me. Once we got to his flat number, I opened the door, there was a door on my left and one on my right, "I'll stay out here," Simon said, "I get the feeling this is something you need to do on your own,"

"Thanks,"

I walked through the door on the right, it led me into a rather large living room, there was a couch that faced the opposite wall, and a TV in front of that. "Jamie!" I called out and walked closer towards the sofa, no answer. He must've been in the bathroom, well, that's what I thought before I saw he was passed out on the sofa. I rolled my eyes and walked around the other side of the sofa. That was when I saw them, two empty bottles of the sleeping pills I used to take, and one full bottle on the table in front. I dropped to my knees in front of him and tried to shake him awake, but he wouldn't move, I started shaking him roughly, panicking, he still wouldn't move. "SIMON!" I yelled out, "SIMON PLEASE,"

He ran into the living room and paused as soon as he saw what was going on in front of him.

"This is all my fault," I cried out, he rushed over and checked to see if Jamie had a pulse, he sighed,

"What? WHAT?" I shouted out,

"Scarlett, I'm sorry-" He started but I interrupted him,

"NO! You're lying, this is a prank isn't it for your YouTube channel," I said, trying to make sense of what was happening, I shook Jamie again, "Jamie, stop playing around, the boys told me," Still no movement, "Please," I whimpered out,

"Scarlett, here," Simon said handing me a note, it had Star written on the front. I opened it and read what was inside.

Star, firstly, I just wanted to start off by saying, that this isn't your fault, I wanted this, I have for a few days now, and I know that's not long, but I made up my mind. It was either this or I let cancer kill me. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but yes, I have cancer, and I have for a few months. I wasn't angry at you yesterday and I didn't mean anything I said. You are not pathetic, in fact you're one of the strongest people I know. You have literally been to hell and back so many times, but every time you come back stronger, smarter. I know you will try something after this, but it's not worth it. There's something I need to tell you, the adoption day, everything was set up, I planned everything out, see, me and Josh are life long friends, I know that that's confusing, but we've known each other since we were literally 2. I asked him to do me the favour and adopt you, to look after you whilst I was gone, of course he was emotional, but he agreed, my dying wish was to see you happy, because Scarlett, you are my truest friend, and I love you so much. I know it was wrong of me to never tell you these things, but I didn't know how I would. Just know that you are the best thing that was in my life and I couldn't have asked for a better person in my life. You aren't just my friend, you're my sister, one of the only people I have ever trusted. I love you star, and I hope you love me too. -Jamie.

I had never experienced heart break in my life, but I knew that this was it. The one person I truly trusted and who understood me was gone. I had no one and nothing. Whilst Simon was distracted by the note he was reading, I grabbed the bottle of pills left on the table and put them in the inside pocket of my jacket.

Simon's POV

As she read through the note I realised there was one that said The Boys and Freya on the front, so I picked it up. There was four separate sections, one addressed to Everyone another to Josh and Freya yet again another to Ethan and one to... me?

Simon, I'm pretty shit at writing if I'm honest, but I need to ask you a favour. You already know this, but Scarlett's damaged, in fact, without sounding rude, she's completely broken. She has only ever trusted me and Ethan, but for reasons that I completely understand, she thoroughly trusts you. So here's the favour I need to ask, now I'm gone, please look after her for me. I know she'll be broken after this, so I need you to look after her, heck, make her sleep in your bed if you have to, but please, do me a solid, and look after her, protect her. Do everything I'm incapable of doing anymore, make her happy -Jamie.