|Chapter 20|Selfish?|

Scarlett's POV-2 Days Later

Since I had told Vikk everything, and by everything I mean most things, it felt like Simon had been avoiding me, I didn't get why. Well it felt like he was anyway, we'd barely spoken two words to each other the last few days, I wanted to talk to him about it, but I was too nervous too. Vikk had sort of become my new rock since Simon was distancing himself and Ethan didn't live here. I found myself spending a lot more time in his room, even if it was just watching him record, we were just kind of looking after each other, whilst he would record or stream I'd get him food and drink and pretend to eat myself, we had a good system going. Until today. Vikk was streaming, and I went to the kitchen to make "us" a snack, I was also getting myself a Red Bull since Simon said I was always welcome to if I needed one. Which today I felt like I needed to because me and Vikk were pulling an all nighter since he was streaming, but without Simon or Josh I couldn't reach the shelf, I grabbed a swinging chair and climbed on top of it. Stupid idea, I know. I reached up to the shelf and immediately fell. I hit my head off the counter top, and everything went dizzy. I dragged myself to my feet and attempted to start walking back to Vikks room, but gave up less than two minutes later, my head was aching and I decided to sit on the floor just outside the kitchen door because I felt really drowsy and I heard footsteps coming from upstairs, but before I could see who it was my vision went dark.

Simon's POV

I was avoiding Scarlett and I think she realised that I was, but it wasn't because I didn't like her but because I didn't know how to act around her. After she left the room Ethan told me everything she had told him when she stayed at his apartment. And as much as I wanted to hug all the pain and bad memories right out of her body, I couldn't, for two reasons, A) as much as I wished that would help, I knew it wouldn't, because even if I could fix her mental scars, the physical ones were always going to be there as a constant reminder to her of what had happened and B) I just didn't trust myself around her, I lose my temper so easily, and I just didn't want to remind her of that, even if it meant watching her get closer to one of my best friends, I just wanted the best for her. Which now I realise isn't what I thought it was. I was in my room, ready to go to sleep, I got a notification through on my phone to say that Vikk was streaming which meant that soon enough I'd hear her creep to the kitchen, which I did, as I started to fall asleep I heard a huge bang and then nothing but silence, something felt off so I started to hurry downstairs, when I reached the top of the last flight I saw her sat by the kitchen door, motionless. I ran down the stairs and tried to shake her awake, but she didn't move or respond, so I started to get worried. I lifted her u and carried her up to Vikks room, I flung his door open, he turned around and then quickly turned his camera off, "What's going on?" He asked and hurried over to help me,

"I don't know I heard a bang and went downstairs and she was just sat there," I replied worryingly, "Vikk, she won't wake up,"

"Scarlett?" He said softly and started to shake her, she flinched slightly and let out a groan, I sighed in relief,
"Oh thank god," I said,

"I think we should just put her to bed and let her sleep, I'll ask her what happened tomorrow,"

"Oh, uhm, yeah," I replied,

"Simon, stop avoiding her,"

"What? I'm not," I semi-shouted,

"You are Simon, it doesn't take much to figure that out, she's hurting, anytime I mention your name she lights up for a second and then she goes into this mood, that I don't even know how to describe, she sits on my bed, her earphones in, binge-watching your videos, she doesn't think I notice but I do, you're all she thinks about, and I can tell she's struggling without yours or Ethans support, her weights slipping and she's started taking 15-20 minutes in the bathroom, I hate to say it but I think she's slipping back into her old ways, without you or Ethan, I'm just not enough, especially since I have to upload on three channels and I've been streaming," I didn't even know what to say, yes, I may have been avoiding her because I thought I was doing what's best, but was I really just making matters worse for her, and was I just thinking of myself. I felt awful. I looked down at her, she was wearing my burgundy hoody and a pair of grey jogging bottoms, from the way I'd placed her I could see how skinny she was, how delicate and broken my precious Star was, how did I let it get to this point. I felt selfish to say the least, "Simon, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life but your clearly hurting yourself as well bro, don't do this to the both of you, you care about her, and she cares about you okay," He patted me on the shoulder and yawned, "I'm gunna go get a water and some cereal, in a bit man," He walked out and shut his door behind him, I sighed and put the quilt over her, "I'm so sorry Scarlett, I've been selfish and I've been avoiding you, for reasons that I thought would benefit the both of us, but I was quite clearly wrong, please don't hate me," I kissed her on her forehead and started to walk out, that was until she grabbed my hand, "I could never," She whispered back.

I've had this chapter written a while, but I wasn't sure whether to post it or not, I have a lot more pre-written as well that I'm gunna go through and edit, please bare with me

-Katie