|Chapter 34|Smileys|

Scarlett's POV-3 Weeks Later

Ethan was still watching me like a hawk, a lot had changed, I was managing to have at least half of my meal, maybe a little bit less, but it was a start, it was a struggle, every mouthful made me feel ill, and I could almost feel the fat growing around my bones, but I wanted to do this, not for me, but for Ethan. I hated the fact that I'd worried him, I was still quite quiet around him because I didn't want to make him worry about what was going on inside my head, which was a lot. I was also 3 weeks clean of cutting, like I said I was really trying. Ethan had basically moved in at this point, he was using my setup to edit videos, shooting videos with the guys and vlogging. But he also had to take care of me, it just felt like there weren't enough hours in a day, he was getting 12 ish hours of sleep a week, between editing and him watching over me he wasn't getting enough time for himself, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I'd convinced him to just take a day off and sure enough he fell asleep basically straight away, so I got started immediately. My plan? Prove to Ethan that he didn't need to worry as much anymore and that I could be a lot more independent then he thought. It wasn't a lot but I wanted to make us some dinner. And after a lot of thought, and a rummage through the cupboards, I decided I was gunna make jerk chicken with rice and peas.

It started off well, I marinated the chicken, put it in the oven, put the rice in the pan, sorted all that out, it was towards the end that things started to go wrong. As I pulled the chicken out I caught the top of my wrist on the shelf above, "Shit," I ran over to the sink to put it under cold water. I realised that it hadn't left a mark. It was like a switch was flipped in my head, if he couldn't see the mark did it really matter. And then I thought back to when I used to hand out with a shit tonne of stoners and how they used to give something called smileys. All I'd have to do was find a lighter. I quickly realised that I'd left the rice on and basically sprinted across to where it was. Not surprisingly, the bottom layer of rice was burnt, but the rest was rescuable. Once I'd dished it out I started to root through the draws for a lighter. I knew there was some hidden in a draw from the new year party and previous ones. As I was hunting I felt someone's arms snake around my waste, I jumped out my skin and spun around quickly, shutting the draw in the process.

"Watcha looking for," Ethan asked me and pecked me on the cheek,

"Oh uhm, I forgot where the knives and forks are,"

"They're in there stupid,"

"Shut up," I giggled, "You were meant to be asleep,"

"Mmmm, well I smelt something gorgeous, and it wasn't you for a change," He winked at me, I blushed and looked away, "So, what have you been up to then?"

"I made us dinner," I smiled and went to grab a knife and fork each,

"Well obviously, but why,"

"I just wanted to show you that you don't need to worry about me so much okay, you've not been sleeping enough, and I just wanted to show you that I can look after myself a little bit," I wasn't sure how he'd react but it wasn't like this. He walked over to me again, and pulled me in for a kiss almost instantly,

"You are a gorgeous person T, inside and out okay," I smiled and nodded, "Right let's not waste this food and get upstairs,"

"Oki doki," he grabbed his plate and headed off upstairs,

I started my hunt again and eventually found the draw, there was 4 in there, so I grabbed two just in case and shoved them down my bra then grabbed my plate of food and headed off upstairs.