Chapter 3

"COME ONE AND ALL! SEE THE MYSTERY AND BEAUTY!" A young jester, maybe eighteen, called as he danced around the stage where a girl stood with a blue dress and black cloak that went to the ground. Her face was covered in shadows from the hood that rested on top of her head. "Why does she always conceal herself?" asked an audience member. "You'd think that she'd want to be known." "I heard today she will finally take off her hood," another audience member said. The mysterious beauty girl stood in the middle of the stage. Taking out a tambourine from her cloak, she started her dance and song. "Well, then. Guess I'll stick around. Can't wait to see what she looks like." In the middle of her song, the girl gave a spin and with one swift movement, her hand went up and pulled back the hood, making sure the rest of the cloak stayed on. Her long brown hair spun with her until her spin stopped. Everyone cheered as she danced and sang. Her smile was huge, she was happy. Clara was being happy without being drunk. "Why does she look so familiar?" asked the audience member. "Ah, forget about that! We're here to watch the performance," answered the other audience member. Finally, the song was done, the jester came up next to her, placing his hand on her shoulder which she slightly flinched at. "Thank you all! I will be here all week!" Clara, or who others know as mysterious girl, announced. She gave a small curtsy as her eyes searched the crowd as she usually did during her performances. Just in case a guard from her side of Paris was there or not. The crowd was full of people she couldn't recognize. All except a dark figure standing in the back. "Oh god..." she muttered as she stared at him. Suddenly, the jester grabbed her hand and she gave a small gasp of surprise. He started pulling her away off stage.

Before she knew it, Clara was in a new area beyond her own recognition. The jester looked at Clara with haunting eyes that flowed multiple colors. "Ok Claytin, stop being creepy. Just because your my boyfriend doesn't mean you get to do all that stuff. And before you say anything, I think I saw a friend in the crowd and if he finds you acting all creepy, I don't know what's going to happen. Now, can we go back to the cabin please?" Clara asked moving some of her hair out of her face. "Fine, Clara. I'll stop being creepy. But I can't say for how long," said Claytin. "You're just like your dad. And I'm not meaning that as a compliment," Clara said rolling her eyes. "Now, where are we and how do you get back to the cabin, I left all my stuff I packed there." "Good question. Unfortunately, I don't have much of an answer aside from a shrug and an "I dunno,' so..." said Claytin. "Wait, did you take me here or... Shane! I swear if this is you!" Clara yelled annoyed. Putting her hood back on, but keeping it from have its own shadows covering her face. A menacing laugh came from a nearby forest which is shrouded in darkness. "Part of me is curious cause now, got no idea. If it is Shane he might finally be taking my advice and becoming a villain, and no, as good as you may be Claytin, I'm still a villain. But on the other hand, well we could be screwed," Clara said. "How can you be so calm about this sort of thing?" Claytin asked. Clara gave a shrug and looked to where the laugh came from. "Show yourself!" She screamed. Suddenly a large mask with sharp teeth and horns appeared in front of Clara and Claytin. Its eyes glowed green as its mouth opened. "Nope, not Shane, just his friends. Ok, look creepy voodoo thingys. My friends would kill me if he knew I was talking to Shane but talking to you? Oh, forget it. So how about we make a deal? You take me and Claytin back to where we were and I don't make you regret this?" Clara's eyes showed annoyance. "You know, I've been telling you for years to run off with me away from your dad..." Claytin muttered. "One, not the time. Two, you sound just like Shane, doesn't he sound just like Shane? I assume you watch him all the time," Clara said pointing over her shoulder to her boyfriend. "Clara! I had no idea you were dating Claytin!" says a familiar voice from the mask mouth.

"Oh great. If we are going to do this Shane, face to face, not mask to face. I will explain everything but I don't like being here. Have us brought back. Now!" Clara yelled as she glared. She didn't like being tricked or trapped. She had enough of that back in her mansion with her father. Shane emerges from the mask's mouth with a blonde woman that neither Clara or Claytin don't recognize. "Well if I am being totally honest, I didn't come here to mess with you. I'm just here taking my girl on a date. We stumbled across your performance, so we chose to stay and watch," he says. "Heya!" said the blonde woman. Clara went up and slapped Shane across the face. "You are NOT allowed to be annoyed at me for not knowing I'm dating someone when you didn't tell me you were either! Anyways, Claytin this is my friend Shane, and Shane this is my boyfriend..." Clara started. "Fiancé..." Claytin interrupted. "First of all, ouch. Second of all, fiancé?" says Shane. "And I'm Charlene!" says the blonde woman. "And if you hurt darling again, I won't hesitate to return the favor." "I am NOT his fiancé. I've been telling him for that for months now. Both of you know that I can't get married unless my father married me off which everyone who knows who my father is, knows he won't marry me off to Claytin. Just because I turn eighteen in four months doesn't mean anything. And you call Shane darling? No offense, I think I'm going to puke and I haven't had one thing of alcohol today surprisingly. And again, take us back so I can go to the cabin I'm staying at. I'll explain the rest there," Clara said. Glancing over to Charlene she sighed, "oh and you can call me Clara." Shane raises an eyebrow and says "Okay. To the cabin we go. Claytin, you might wanna brace yourself," Shane as they sink into the shadows.