Chapter 33

"Claytin, I love you but seriously, give it a rest," Clara laughed. "You stole three beers!" Claytin said crossing his arms. "And drank half of one!" "You would have continued if I hadn't found you!" "I expected you to stay with Adrianna and your dad longer," Clara said kissing her Claytin. "I had a feeling you being alone was a bad idea." "Never is." Shane, Doreen, and Iven appear just outside of the cabin. "You two stay here. I'll go speak to Clara," says Shane. "Will you put back the beer?!" Claytin said raising his voice! "Nope!" Clara laughed taking a sip. The window was open so they could clearly be heard from outside. "And thus, the truth comes out," says Shane, entering through the window. The couple looked over to Shane. "Can you take the beer away from her?" Claytin asked sighing. "I am already on edge with him with what's going on with Adrianna's mom and going into a cave he shouldn't have been in. Don't take the beer!" Clara said rolling her eyes. "Just put the beer down!" Claytin groaned. "You both make valid arguments," says Shane. "Once Clara starts drinking, she can't stop. However, I was there when the encounter happened, and I was just as stressed. So here's what's gonna happen. Clara's gonna finish that beer, then we're gonna talk." He sits on the bed and sets his cane against the wall. Clara gave a smile and finished the drink, Claytin rolling his eyes. "I am surprised you came over, I didn't expect you to come so soon," Clara said. Claytin gently slapped her arm. "Be at least a little nice." Clara shrugged. "Whatever. There's some really serious stuff going on, and I need your help," says Shane. "If it has anything to do with Adrianna's mom then not happening," Clara said. Shane grabs Clara's beer and throws it on the ground. He also heals Clara, sobering her up. "Thanks, now I've got things to clean up. Also, I don't get drunk till after seven, I had one," Clara groaned rolling her eyes. "I got it," Claytin said starting to clean it up. "But I am still not helping anything to do with Adrianna's mom thanks," Clara said crossing her arms. "And why is that?" Shane asks. "Because I much rather keep my daughter than lose her!" Clara said sternly. "I agree with her on that one for obvious reasons," Claytin said after he finished cleaning up. "Well, if it helps, she won't be able to keep Adrianna. She'll have to go back into the Soul Realm to be with Iven," says Shane. "Well good for her, but I have no reason to help her," Clara said rolling her eyes. "Long story short, this should end up freeing you from Markus's control," says Shane. "It'll give us the upper hand we need!" Clara looked to Claytin and back to Shane, "Will you shut up about them?! Especially when he is here?!" she growled. "We will talk about that later," Claytin said kissing her cheek. Clara paced some before sighing, "Markus is my problem, not yours!" Clara said frustrated. Shane gets up. "No! I won't 'shut up about them', Clara! There's too much on the line for me to just dismiss this! Too much for anyone to dismiss this! This is more than you and me, more than France! This is the fate of the entire world we're talking about! The day I 'shut up about them' is the day that they fall!" His eyes convey an emotion much stronger than rage: passion. He refuses to let Clara handle things on her own. He knows what's at stake, and can't afford any inconveniences to occur. Claytin whispered something to Clara before going to the bathroom. "I can handle this Shane! I told you what you can do to help me, and that still stands." Clara sighed. "What do you need me to do for Adrianna's mom?" Shane grabs his cane and adjusts his cap. "Take me to her corpse," he says, assertively. Clara gave him a look. "How am I supposed to know where her corpse is? Adrianna doesn't even know. I would expect Iven to know." Shane looks out the window. "Alright, you two. Come on in," he says to Doreen and Iven. 

   Doreen and Iven came in. Clara immediately grabbed her dagger and slapped Shane. "You brought HIM here?! What if Adrianna was here and not with Clopin?! Are you STUPID?!" Shane glares at Clara. "Don't worry. If he does try anything, I'll have some shadow projections hold him down," he reassures. "Hello Clara," Iven said. "Shut up!" Clara growled, "I still don't get it, why would I know where her body is?!" she motioned to Doreen. Shane looks at Iven. "That's what Iven told us. That either you or Frollo would know where her body is," he says. "You didn't lie to us, did you, trash bucket?" Shane summons a shadow orb and holds it up to Iven's face. "I said I had help burying it. I didn't say she helped. I said she would know where the body is. You have to tell her where we need to look," Iven said rolling her eyes. "Or in other words, my father buried her and I wasn't around. That was what, three years ago now? I was fifteen." Clara said rolling her eyes. "So, where do you want to go?" Shane rubs his temples. "How the heck am I supposed to know where to go?" he snarls. "Uh, I dunno. The graveyard, maybe? Or wherever any dead bodies are kept." "I said I didn't bury her in a graveyard," Iven said rolling his eyes. "He buried me at the mansion, I said that before," Doreen said crossing her arms. Clara looked to Shane, "No!" "We have to!" says Shane. "Adrianna's gotta get her magic back somehow." "Magic? What are you even talking about Shane?" Clara asked. "Adrianna is half-witch, she had magic which, my husband over here took her and my magic. I need mine to get Adrianna's and to get mine I need a physical form." Doreen explained, "Without her magic is what is giving her disease. Give her, her magic back, she will mature." Clara knocked on the bathroom door and explained everything, in french. "You're not going!" he said quickly. "She has to, Claytin. She knows the mansion better than any of us," says Shane."He is right Shane! Guards cover that mansion! Not to mention my father! Going there will be a death trap! Sure, I can probably find her body, maybe even my ring, but the chances that I get back out? Forget it!" Clara sighed. "It is too dangerous Shane, she is a mom now too..." Claytin said, grabbing Clara's hand. "Only because she had her friend banish me," Iven said rolling his eyes. "Shut up!" Clara yelled at him. Shane growls. "Fine! I'll do it myself!" He walks over to Clara and says, "I'm gonna need to borrow some information from you for a bit. This isn't a probing, so it's not gonna hurt. I can sneak through the shadows. Once I find Doreen's body. I'll summon a portal to bring her to me. And I can cast an illusion spell so it looks like nothing suspicious is going on." "Yeah, not happening. You're not going in there if I am not there. Just... give me a second." Clara went over and started talking to Claytin in french. There was a small argument before Claytin finally nodded. Clara grabbed her cloak and dagger. Putting the hood up she looked to Shane. "Let's get this over with shall we?" Shane takes Clara's hand. "Once we find your body, I'll summon a portal," Shane says to Doreen. "Claytin, you're in charge until then, okay?" Claytin nodded, "I'll make sure Adrianna doesn't come back." he said. "Alright," says Shane as he and Clara sink into the shadows.