Chapter 32

Charlene and Doreen are in Shane's room, having a conversation. "I understand if you think that Shane is only using you for your magic and stuff, but I know that he's planning something really great for you and Adri," says Charlene. Doreen crossed her arms. "Trust is a silly thing. You can put all of it into one person and then, in less than a fracture of a second, all of it is gone. I only trust one person anymore, and I am starting to doubt that trust," she said. "And one thing I learned, no one likes a witch they just want us for our magic. Tell me, if I didn't have my collection, or if I wasn't a witch, would your fiance bring me here?" Charlene squints at Doreen. "You're really paranoid. I can see where Adri gets it from," she says. "Can you blame me? My husband was more abusive than Claude was with his wife or daughter. My husband took away my magic. And throughout it all, I still loved him, praying, always praying he'd wake up! And he shot me! And now? Well, my life's work is left to collect dust," Dareen said through gritted teeth. "Well, now you have another chance at life. Your husband's not around anymore," says Charlene. "Even if Shane brought you back for your magic, he's not gonna put you back once he's done. I know Shane." "And when that happens, I do plan on going to court, I want my daughter away from any Frollos," Doreen said looking away. "And then, I will move her as far away from France as I can." Charlene sighs. "Doreen! You're missing the point! You haven't even met Clara yet, and you're already judging her just because she's related to Claude!" she exclaims. Doreen didn't answer. She looked down at her nails and bit her lip. She completely ignored Charlene.  Charlene stands up and points a finger in Doreen's face. "I know that Shane's had to deal with Clara and Roma, so I'm gonna handle you and Adrianna," she says, sternly. "If you're really suspicious of Clara, why not just have Shane take you to Paris and show you how they are with her?" Doreen moved away from Charlene. "Even if they were the most perfect parents, I am still Adri's mother. I lost her three years ago and if I get the chance to get her back I will! And then we will move away from France. What would you do if you were in my position! I love my daughter and I cannot let her be raised by the daughter of the man who made her father the way he was!" "But would Adrianna want that?" asks Charlene. "She loves Clara and Claytin, even if she disobeys them every now and then. After you died, Clara took care of her. Without Claytin. She cared so much about her that she was willing to kill Iven. Fortunately, Shane banished him to the deepest part of the Soul Realm instead." Doreen flinched, "Iven... he was banished? Meaning, he is stuck forever?" "Yes. No one can save him, not even the strongest of sorcerers," says Charlene. Doreen's hand went to her neck as if trying to grab something and then realizing it wasn't there. She closed her eyes and started muttering under her breath. Charlene steps back. "Doreen?" Suddenly her eyes went completely white. Her breathing stopped for a second before she blinked and her eyes went back to normal. "Leave me alone sister..." she muttered basically to herself as she looked at her hands. 

   Charlene clutches her charm and says, "Something's up with Doreen. It's scaring me." Shane appears in the room mere moments after. He looks at Doreen. "Ooh, never seen that before," he says calmly. "Well you try having my sister as a sister," Doreen growled rubbing her eyes, making sure they weren't all white anymore. Shane strokes his chin. "Sister? I don't remember reading anything about a sister," he says. "I tried to stay away from her. She was busy a lot though. But when we did talk it was always. You married a weak mortal Doreen. Doreen, do something with your magic! Doreen join me! Doreen take over the world with me! Lord, she is so annoying. She stills tries to convince me in the Soul Realm. And she couldn't be happier that my magic isn't inside of me. She hated that I, her younger sister, was more powerful than her. Especially when I didn't join her in her evil ways and I decided to marry Iven." Doreen explained. She flinched slightly, a sharp pain going through her head before shouting, "I said leave me alone!" up into the air. Charlene and Shane look at each other. "You don't think her sister is...?" Charlene whispers to Shane. "Possibly," Shane answers. "But we won't know for sure until we get enough clues." Doreen looked at them, "You want a clue? You could have just asked but now? Well, I have something to do. Take me to Paris and I'll give you and hint and possible show you my collection." Shane nods and holds out his cane for Doreen to grab. "Good luck, Shane," says Charlene as he and Doreen sink into the shadows.