Chapter 29

"Wake up mama!" Clara woke up to Adrianna jumping on her giving her hug. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Claytin sat on the dining table watching them smiling. "What happened?" Clara asked as Adrianna unwrapped herself from her. "You got sleep," Claytin shrugged, a mischievous smile still on his face. He got up and kissed Clara's forehead. She then remembered how Claytin told Shane to put her to sleep. She narrowed her eyes at her husband. "Right, I remember now." Clara stood up brushing her fingers through her hair. "Well, I've got some things to do today..." she said going over to the closet and grabbing one of her short purple dresses and a black cloak. Claytin went over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Sorry dear, your gonna have to cancel those things," he whispered. Clara looked over her shoulder at him. "Okay, three things. First of all, when did we agree on the nickname, dear? Second of all, I don't have to cancel anything. And third of all, I am angry at you!" she pushed him slightly off. "Adrianna, go play outside, mama and I have to talk." Claytin sighed. Adrianna nodded and ran outside to play. Clara sighed and turned around to face Claytin. "There is nothing to talk about." "There is and you know it. I only asked Shane to do that because you wouldn't sleep otherwise. Do you think I like having to force things on you? I would much rather not have to force anything on you, especially sleep." Clara sighed, quickly got dressed and looked to her husband, "I know that. But you used my best friend." "If it makes you feel any better, he enjoyed it," Claytin said giving a small laugh. Clara rolled her eyes with a chuckle, "I guessed so, he is the one and only Shane Facilier." She went over and grabbed her phone from the nightstand. "Where is my dagger?" "You won't be needing it today," Claytin said crossing his arms. "Why not? I told you, I've got things to do today. You know how much I hate being out without it." Claytin went up to her and grabbed one of her hands. He spun her around until her back was laying on his chest with his hands, holding both of hers, hugging her. "What are you doing?" Clara laughed. "We are going to spend this day together, just you and me," Claytin explained kissing her cheek. Clara took a few steps away and turned back to him frowning. "I can't Claytin. I'm sorry. I am busy with things." "Too bad, we haven't had a day, where you and I could just hang out and be a couple. You are stressed with whatever is going with this deal. And you're stressed with trying to protect Shane, me, Adrianna, and everyone else you love. You need a break!" "Claytin..." "I'm not finished. I need something too. I need my wife. You act like I am just a friend, and I am not just a friend. I am your husband too and I would like if you started acting like I was. So, today, we will have no contact with anyone in New Orleans unless it's an emergency. It is just you and me," Claytin said. "What about Adrianna?" "She will be spending the day with Roma and my dad. My dad will come pick her up soon. I planned everything last night. And please don't try to go, Clara, I know all your tricks," Claytin said grabbing her hands. Clara looked away and tried to walk back, but Claytin didn't let her go. "Clara, please, one day? I am just asking for one day..." Claytin whispered. Clara bit her lip and sighed, "Fine, one day." Claytin kissed her smiling. A few minutes later, Adrianna came in. "Grandpapa is here, I'll see you later!" she said hugging them. Before she ran off, Clara knelt to her. "What is the code word you text if you are in danger?" "Bon Bon, I know it, mama," Adrianna said. Clara kissed her forehead. "Alright, go on." Adrianna laughed and ran out to Clopin and they left. 

   Clara went over and sat on the bed. "One more thing about today," Claytin said coming over to her. "What now?" "No worrying about everything that is going on. No worry about the deal, no worrying about your father, and no worrying about Shane being stupid and putting that spell on you. Well, think about it enough so you don't end up hurt and in the process hurting him," Claytin said. Clara thought about it and then nodded. "Then I need to make a call." She grabbed her phone and went out in the front yard. She glanced in the window before starting to sneak off. She was glancing over her shoulder when she ran into someone. She yelped surprised and fell to the ground. Claytin stood in front of her, arms crossed. "Told you, I knew all your tricks," he said helping her up. "You're keeping me prisoner." "No, but you said we could spend the day together and just yesterday you had a panic attack because of everything. I am keeping you from hurting both yourself and Shane. Also, as I said before, I need my wife." Claytin kissed her again. "So, are we going to go back home or do you want to go out?" he asked. Clara gave him a sarcastic look and smiled. "Home, but I do actually need to make that call." Claytin nodded. "Race you home?" he asked. "Oh, you are on!" "On the count of three! One... two... hey!" Claytin started. Clara had started running before he could even finish. Laughing he chased after her.