Chapter 45

Adrianna quietly went down the stairs, talking to Floria and Gabriel in french on the phone. It was two in the morning, both Clara and Claytin were asleep. Shane appears in the living room. "Can't believe I forgot the key to the room," he mutters to himself. Adrianna quickly went around the corner hiding. Shane looks around for the key. "C'mon, where is it?" He looks on the couch. "Ah, there it is." Adrianna sneezed and froze, hoping he didn't hear her. Shane grabs the key and puts it in his pocket. "What are you doing up, Adri?"Adrianna said bye to Floria and Gabriel and came around the corner, "Would you believe me if I said sleepwalking?" Shane looks at Adrianna. "I most certainly wouldn't," he says. "Then I was..." Adrianna said looking for an excuse. "Oh, whatever you'll find out the truth anyway. I was avoiding going to sleep." "Why? Had a bad dream?" Shane asks. "I haven't slept yet. Grandmama isn't that hard to trick," Adrianna said shrugging. Shane chuckles. "How come you're trying not to sleep?"  "Not tired," Adrianna said. "Ah," says Shane. He sits on the couch and removes his cap. "Come. Sit." Adrianna went up and sat with him. "So what's up with you? I assume you're glad Clara's home," says Shane. Adrianna nodded. "I am happy about that... can I ask you a personal question?" "Go ahead." "I know mama doesn't like it when someone mentions her father around her, is it the same for you and your father? I just realized I don't know much about him or your past. Mama doesn't talk about it and when I asked she said it wasn't hers to tell." "I know mama doesn't like it when someone mentions her father around her, is it the same for you and your father? I just realized I don't know much about him or your past. Mama doesn't talk about it and when I asked she said it wasn't hers to tell." Adrianna nodded. "Mama doesn't tell me much about her father or her past. I get bits from papa though." "I think you're better off just knowing that Claude is a bad man," says Shane. "Well, that's parts obvious. Mama can't hide everything he has done to her. She is skilled to a point," Adrianna said. "On that, we can agree," says Shane. "When are you going to bring Gabriel and Floria's parents back?" Adrianna asks taking out her phone. "Oh, right. I forgot that I was gonna do that," says Shane. "I've just got a lot to deal with right now. Once this is all over, I'll bring them back. I promise." "It's alright, I just think Gabriel is having trouble keeping it from Floria. She is slowly learning English too." Shane smiles. "Well, that's nice! Makes it easier to communicate with her," he says. "For you, it's not hard for me to understand her," Adrianna said. "Yeah," says Shane. "Now Clara and I are back to square one. We need to take Frollo down." "At least you don't have to worry about my cousin as much now that he isn't in Paris," Adrianna said. She was texting Gabriel at the same time. "Speaking of the devil, Clara seems to think that Markus could be a hero. Obviously, I think that he's gonna stay a villain forever," says Shane. "What do you think?" "My old mama was neutral. And I an definitely not a villain. I don't believe all of us Dark Fairy Witches are villains," Adrianna said. Shane nods. "True. But Maleficent, the Mistress of Evil, did raise Markus. And she's the second-worst villain in my book," he says. "And Frollo raised mama," Adrianna said giving Shane a look from the corner of her eye. "Well, Markus didn't have someone like me in his life," says Shane. "Clara was lucky that Roma and my mom were best friends." A noise came from upstairs and then down the stairs. Adrianna quickly ducked down just as Claytin came down. Shane looks at them. "Yo." "Adrianna, phone and go back upstairs," Claytin sighed, "Hi Shane." Adrianna slowly stood up. Shane waves goodnight to Adrianna. Adrianna muttered something, said goodbye to Gabriel and handed Claytin her phone. "You want to stay Shane? it is late," Claytin suggested. Shane sighs. "I don't see why not," he says. Claytin nodded before looking down at Adrianna and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Alright, you, let's get you to bed." "I am not tired..." "Adrianna, it is two in the morning. I am not dealing with it all tonight alright?" Adrianna sighed but nodded. "Come on." Claytin led her upstairs and back to her room. Shane lays down on the couch and yawns. "I think my sleep schedule is all messed up," he says.