Chapter 23

"Why did you let her go?! We had leverage!" Garrett yelled. "We have leverage still and the deal is kept," Markus said calmly. "You aren't the leader of this group Markus! You don't decide what we do!" Garrett growled. "You aren't our leader either Garrett! Clara is the leader and guess who is keeping it that way!" Markus said raising his hand. Garrett rolled his eyes, "She is only coming back as our leader because of the deal." Markus froze and turned to him, "She wasn't lying, was she? You did kick her out! You wanted to be the leader so you found a reason to kick her!" Markus said through gritted teeth. "So what? We have been fine for the past five years without her," Garrett laughed taking a sip of beer. "We haven't put fear into anyone since she left! No one knows there is even a group called The Villains of France! Why? Because you wanted to be the leader! You aren't even a good one! Maybe someone else should give it a go!" Markus said angrily. Garrett laughed, "Yeah, who is going to lead beside Clara. Dawn? Anna?" Markus' expression didn't change. Garrett's face lit up with realization. "You? Oh, come on Markus. You may be what's forcing her to but you aren't meant for this role. You aren't like your mother." "If it wasn't for me, Clara wouldn't be back. Without her, we don't get France. I control her, I get to decide what we do!" Markus said crossing his arms. "Why don't you just hypnotize her?" Anna asked. "You have that power don't you?" Dawn adds. "I do, but I will only do that if it comes down to it, for now the pain is what we need," Markus responded.  "Why not? Why should she have her free will?!" Dawn asks crossing her arms. Markus waved his arm, dismissing her question. He went to a ledge, climbed up, and laid down. That was technically his room. Garrett gave him a look and then choked on his beer. "No! You like her!" he said realization, again, coating his face. "What? No! I don't know what you're talking about" Markus replied sitting up. "You do! You have a crush on Clara Frollo! No wonder you wanted to find her for the past five years!" Garrett laughed. "Shut up, I don't like her like that!" Markus growled annoyed. "Clara and Markus sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!" Anna sang laughing. "I said shut up!" Markus yelled waving his hand. An invisible force pushed Anna against the cave wall. "What are you going to do?" Dawn asks. "Keep control of her like I've been doing, nothing changes! Are we all in agreement?!" Markus said giving them all a look. Garrett shrugged, put his beer down and gave a sarcastic bow. "Let's see how this goes, dude." Anna went over to Garrett and kissed him. "If Garrett's okay with it, so am I," she cooed. Markus looked to Dawn who's arms were still crossed. "Dawn?" Markus said, his voice coated with a bit of a warning tone. "Whatever you say, sir," Dawn said uncrossing her arms, not changing her facial expression. Markus nodded and laid back down, "Get ready then. In three months, France is ours."

   "Claytin..." Clara started. "No! Shut up! I get to talk and then you can. This is the only way we are getting through this!" Claytin interrupted her. Clara nodded. "Alright, first give me that hand, it's not going to heal if you don't do anything." Claytin took her hand and wrapped it up in a bandage. "Now, we are setting some rules. Anything that could risk your life or something that involves me or Adrianna you tell me! You don't just tell Shane. I am your husband and the father to our daughter. I am not going to be quiet while you tell Shane everything without giving me a lick of information! I love you so much Clara Frollo but I won't stand in the dark. Not anymore. I had to stand there enough when Frollo had you! I hardly knew what happened and now you would think I would get more information. It's almost like I am getting less..." Claytin said. "I am so sorry Claytin. I want to tell you, I do but I can't. Not yet. I will after I deal with it. I just want to protect you and Adrianna," Clara said starting to cry. Claytin sighed and put his hands on her cheek. "Is your life in danger?" "No, but Charlene's is, maybe even Tina's. And that's my fault. Please, Claytin, let me fix this, let me save them. I am just trying to be a hero in a way. I owe them that. You have to trust me, please. Just go with my plan." Clara answered. Claytin sighed and the kissed her. It wasn't a short kiss. He stayed there for a good thirty seconds. When their lips finally separated, Clara was crying hard. Claytin pulled her into a hug and she practically fell into his arms. "I just want this to be over, why can't I get a break?" she cried. "It will end, we just have to fight to the end. You are the strongest person I know baby. Don't let anyone break you," Claytin said rubbing her back. Suddenly, the door opened and Adrianna walked in. "Mama? Are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah, I'm okay baby girl..." Clara said, wiping some tears away. Adrianna came up to her and Claytin and hugged her. "I love you," Adrianna said in french. "I love you too Adrianna," Clara responded in french. "Hey, how about you two go have some fun? Take a walk, I think I am going to clean this place up a bit," Claytin suggested. "You sure?" Clara asked. "Certain, go have fun," Claytin responded kissing Clara and patting Adrianna on the head. Clara nodded, grabbed Adrianna's hand and left the cabin. Claytin took out his phone, he needed to talk to Shane.