Chapter 41

Adrianna spoke quietly to Floria and Gabriel in french. "I have to go back to Paris, and not just for a little, I need to go back permanently," she said. "We were just reunited, why do you have to leave?" Floria asked. "I need to see my parents again, even if I can't talk to them." "You are almost eleven, you're still young," Gabriel said. "I know, I know, but your only fifteen and your protected Floria who is six and can't see. I miss them so much that it hurts. Please understand." "We do, we just wished we had more than a day with you," Gabriel said. "I know, but I can't sit back while my family is in trouble, I am tired of hiding!" "We won't tell anyone," Floria promised. Adrianna took off her amulet and handed it to Gabriel. "You make sure they don't think I used this. I don't want it taken away. Protect it please!" she says. Gabriel pinched her nose. "Anything for you squirt." "Don't call me that!" Adrianna laughed. She gave Floria and Gabriel a hug before sneaking away. She had to leave before Verity or Shane stopped her.  

   Adrianna snuck onto the plane. She stayed close to one family. She knew this plane had an extra seat, she had been researching before Gabriel and Floria showed up. She found the seat that was empty in the very back next to the window. She watched as the plane took off. She felt a bit of guilt in her gut. She hadn't even left a note for Verity or Shane. They'd worry and probably be angry when they find out what she did. She didn't know exactly what she was going to do when she got home. She knew she was going to go to her collection but when it came to her parents? She knew she couldn't go to her mama and her papa would call Shane and send her back. She wanted to see them in person instead of just on a magic mirror. Not to mention how she missed her home country. She was willing to hide in her house, her collection if it meant she could be where her parents were. 

   Clara walked down the street. She wanted to check her house, even if she couldn't go inside it, or make it clear she was watching it. She finally got there and stared at it for a second. Nothing was out of the ordinary. It was quiet, and still, just like she left it. She was about to leave when she saw movement through a window. Her hand went to her dagger. Claytin wouldn't be dumb enough to go back here until this was all over, even if he was dumb enough to stay in Paris. She stood up and the front door opened. A girl came outback towards her, she was wearing a jacket with the hood up. "Hey!" Clara yelled. The girl froze and turned to her. Clara's grip loosened on her dagger. The girl ran. Clara put her dagger away and chased after her. She turned into an alleyway but the girl, who had run in there, wasn't there. Clara sighed annoyed. "I know your here! Come out!" she said sternly. No response. "I said come out!" Clara sighed. "Adrianna! I am not playing! I recognized you! Come out!" Adrianna came out from behind some trash bins. "Hi, mama..." 

   Clara took Adrianna to the hidden location under the city. She angrily marched her way to where the others were. "Where is my husband?!" Clara shouted. "Over there..." a woman said pointing to another room that was empty. Clara dragged Adrianna over there. "Stay!" she said going into the room without Adrianna. "Clara? Is everything okay?" Claytin asked standing up from a seat. "You sent Adrianna to New Orleans, right? She isn't hidden in France?!" "What? No! Really, no! I made it very clear to Shane that I didn't want her anywhere near France while this went down, why?" Clara grabbed Adrianna's arm and pulled her into the room. "Adrianna?! What are you doing here?!" Claytin yelled. "Hi, papa..." Adrianna muttered. Clara grabbed her phone and dialed Shane's number. "Yeah, what's up? Something happen?" Shane asks. "Who was last with Adrianna? Or who is with her?" Clara asked, masking her anger. "Gabriel and Floria, why? I can go find her if you need an update," says Shane. "Can you go where those two are? Please?" Clara said throwing a glance to Adrianna. "Yeah, they're just outside of the restaurant," says Shane. He exits the restaurant and walks up to Gabriel and Floria. "Hey Shane," Gabriel said hugging onto Floria. "Shane put me on speaker," Clara said tensely. Shane puts the phone on speaker. "Alright, you go," he says. Clara yelled something angrily in french. Floria flinched slightly and Gabriel bit his lip. "Or in English for Shane, will somebody explain why my daughter is in Paris?!" "What?!" Shane yells. "Ugh! She must've used the amulet!" he groans. "Actually, she left it with us, to make sure she made sure no one would blame it on it and take it away from her," Gabriel explained taking out the amulet from his pocket. Shane furrows his brows. "But she never lets anyone touch her amulet," he says. "How did she get all the way to Paris in such a short amount of time?" "Planes get to France quicker, Markus cast a spell. It feels like the amount of time but it only takes a few minutes. It's a trick," Clara explained, "Look, Shane, can you just get over here?" "Markus," Shane grumbles. "Yeah, sure. Right away." Clara hung up. Adrianna went over to a couch and sat down. Clara was pacing some while Claytin was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, and staring angrily at her.