Chapter 37

"You sure you have everything?" Clara asked Adrianna. She had already checked to make sure Claytin had everything at least ten times. "Yes, and if I leave something, can't Shane just come by and get it?" Adrianna asked. Clara sighed, "Go check one more time," she said. Shane appears next to Clara, wearing his mask. "Good, your here. Adrianna is just making sure she has everything, then they should be good to go," Clara said, "Claytin is saying bye to his dad so he'll be back any minute. "Alright. I'll stay hidden until they're ready," says Shane, phasing into the wall. "I need to talk to you still! Also, we at my house, trust me my father isn't around. You're safe," Clara said. "Now, question, the spell thingy, you said it would go away after the deal is finished right?" "Yeah, that's how it works," Shane answers, still in the wall. "Okay, do me a favor? Promise you won't be stupid after I tell you this because I swear I can't take any more of you doing stupid things." "I swear in my life, which I value very much," says Shane. "Technically the deal was I'd help them with the takeover, they don't hurt Charlene and Tina.  Tomorrow, we take over. Once that's done, the deal is done making the spell go away. SO if you keep the promise, if it comes down to it, you aren't dying with me." Clara explained. "Yeah, alright," says Shane. "So that's pretty much everything dealt with by then." "Yeah except the fact that I still have to stop the villain kids and my father. So I don't know how long this takeover will be. I'll still have to lead the Villian Kids of France and I will still have to act like a villain for some time..." Clara explained. "Alright," says Shane. "And Maleficent's staff? Are you still going through with that?" "Markus already has it ready," Clara said. "Dang. But it's going back once the takeover is complete, right?" "That is a good question, still figuring it out. I don't have much of a plan on how I am stopping this at the moment," Clara shrugs. "Dang! Alright, I'll just stay in New Orleans. Once everything's settled down, call me," says Shane, panicked. "You know I will. So how are you and Char liking the life of being married?" Clara asked. Shane phases his head out of the wall and raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure you wanna know?" he asks. "Maybe, I don't know. Have you two had your first fight? Or is it so cheesy I might puke?" "Never the former, sometimes the latter, and given that last phone call, I might have to add a third category," says Shane. "You lost me," Clara said rolling her eyes. Shane shakes his head. "Nevermind, everything's great." He phases his head back into the wall. "Good, and how is she and Tina? Did you tell them they won't be targets soon? Technically after tomorrow, they won't be so that should be exciting." "Yeah, yeah, I told them everything," says Shane. "You okay? You seem to be in a mood," Clara asks tilting her head some. "Just thought that this would be a quick 'grab 'em and go' situation, is all," Shane says. "Sorry, but like I said, you're safe here. My father isn't even on this side of Paris, or any of his guards." "Shane!" Adrianna ran down the stairs and hugged Shane. Clara gave a small chuckle. "Hey, Adri! Where's Claytin?" says Shane. "Papa called, said he is almost here," Adrianna said. Shane phases out of the wall and sits on the couch. "Alright," he says. "Hey, Adri, look at what I have." Shane takes a beignet from a bag in his pocket. "Want it?" Adrianna nodded and took it. A few minutes later, Claytin came in. "Sorry that took so long. My dad wouldn't stop asking questions. Everything good to go?" "Should be, I want to stay and see you off but I got things to do..." Clara said. Adrianna went up and hugged Clara. Claytin kissed her and whispered something in her ear in french. Clara went over to Shane. "You take care of them!" Shane tips his cap. "Will do!" He summons a portal and whispers in Claytin's ear, "So where to?" Claytin whispered an address to him. Clara gave one last hug to Adrianna before leaving. Shane nods his head. "All aboard the S.S. Facilier!" he calls. Adrianna grabbed her stuff, same with Claytin and they went through the portal.

The trio exits the portal in front of Tiana's Place. "If you want some more beignets, you know where to find them," says Shane, pointing at the restaurant. Claytin went over to Adrianna and hugged her tightly. "I have to go, but you be good! You listen to Shane and Charlene!" Adrianna started to cry some. "When will I see you and mama again?" "I don't know baby girl. But even if I am not here physically, both your mama are here," Claytin said poking Adrianna's chest where her heart is. "I don't want you to go!" "I know, but I have to. I love you so much!" "I love you too papa!" Shane hugs Adrianna, then walks through the portal to the address that Claytin gave him.