Chapter 56

Shane and Charlene are awoken by a splash of water on their faces. "Whoa! What the heck?!" Shane exclaims. "Shane, did you just splash me?" "No, I didn't." They look around and see Allara and Sully standing in their room. "What are you two doing here?" Shane asks them. "We heard about what happened with Frollo and wanted to congratulate you on your victory!" says Allara. "But you weren't at your house, so we figured that you'd be in Paris," says Sully. Shane sighs as he rubs his temples. "Look, I'm not in the mood to talk right now. I've got somewhere I need to be in a little bit," he says. "Where?" asks Sully. "Just... somewhere," says Shane. "Shane, did Tina and Verity come back?" Claytin called somewhere down the hall. "No, but we definitely have some guests," says Shane. "But they're not causing any trouble." "Alright, come downstairs if you want anything to eat. Adrianna ran out with Gabriel and got some stuff from the bakery!" "I'm good," says Shane. "I'm going downstairs and get something to eat. I'm starving," says Allara. "Then I'll go with you," says Shane. "Don't want you causing a ruckus." He and Allara go downstairs. Charlene gets up and puts on her coat. "Hey, can you take me home?" Charlene asks Sully. "As long as you can hold your breath for a long time," he says. 

   Adrianna and Gabriel were talking in the living room. Claytin was watching the TV. "Frollo's death hit the news..." he said once he saw Shane. "And hi, I'm Claytin." He gave a small wave to Allara. Allara waves back. "Hi!" She grabs a few pastries from the kitchen while Shane takes a seat on the couch. "Are they mourning or celebrating his death?" Shane asks. "More of information. They aren't leaning to one side," Claytin said turning it up some and sending Gabriel and Adrianna upstairs to hang out. Allara sits on the floor in front of Shane. "Well, either way, Frollo is finally gone," she says."Yeah, well, Clara came down saw it and ran right back upstairs," Claytin sighed. "Dang," says Shane. "I can see why. Even if he was so cruel to her, he was still her father." Claytin nodded. "She didn't go to bed till after three am last night. I had woken up and heard her pacing downstairs." Allara takes a bite out of a donut. "Hopefully, she feels better soon," she says. Adrianna came downstairs quickly. "Mama is crying and the door is locked..." she said. Claytin sighed, "Alright. I'm coming." "I used my magic to take Gabriel home by the way..." Adrianna said as Claytin passed by. Adrianna went and sat next to Shane. "I can't wait to finally see Frollo get what he deserves," says Shane. "Do you want me to take you to the Underworld?" Adrianna asked. "Yeah," says Shane. "I'm going with you," says Allara. "No, it's not safe," says Shane. "I'm going," Allara asserts. "Ugh, fine. But don't cause any trouble," says Shane. Adrianna closed her eyes, waved her hand and transported Allara and Shane to the Underworld. 

   They could hear Helga yelling. "I mean seriously! What do people not get?! You can't kill someone who is already dead! Just because you so and so kill them in the Soul Realm does not mean they are gone! They just go to a different part of the Underworld and I have to listen to their complaining and them saying, 'I need to speak to my son!' I mean seriously! I get that once in the Underworld, out of the Soul Realm you can't just contact the people who can speak to the dead and you have to go through me but when have I ever said yes! If you die and come to the Underworld you don't get to speak with the living! Not your son, not your wife, not anyone until they die! By all the gods if that man comes back asking to contact his son I am going to blast him into next week!" "Goodness, Helga, what's got you all hotheaded?" says Shane. Helga turned to him, Pain and Panic peeked out from behind a chair they were hiding behind. "Pain, Panic..." the two demons flinched, "You are dismissed." "Should we tell your father about him being here?" Pain asked. "Tell him about Shane being here and I'll see to it that you regret it." "But... but... he specifically said to..." Panic started. "I said, you say a word about it and I'll make you regret it! Now go!" Helga yelled her hair catching on fire. Pain and Panic ran out of the room. "Well, it's done. Frollo's dead. And now, it's-" Shane is interrupted by Allara. "Hello, cousin Helga," she says. "Wait, you two are related?" Shane asks. "Of course. My grandfather is Poseidon, after all." "I thought he was King Neptune." "He has many names, Shane. And because Hades is his brother, Helga is my first cousin, once removed," Allara explains. "Does that mean you're also related to Hercules?" "Yes." "Our family tree is complicated," Helga said crossing her arms, "And I know about Claude. I've already had someone go find him in the Soul Realm. They should be back shortly." Panic came back in, "What do you stupid little thing want?" Helga said through gritted teeth. "Uh... he has come back wishing to speak to you..." Panic stuttered. Helga clenched her fists, "You can tell him when I say, to go and not return, that I mean it and if I have to, I will report to my father and he won't like it very much!" Panic bowed and hurried off. Helga sat down and sighed, "Allara, you are lucky to be mortal and not a goddess with all these responsibilities." "I sure am," says Allara. "Who is he talking about? Who keeps trying to talk to you?" Shane asks. "Someone who was killed in the Soul Realm so his spirit came to this part of the Underworld. Can't kill a dead man." Shane raises an eyebrow. "Earlier, you said that he wanted to speak to his son. Did he say any names?" "I know who his son is. And his wife or maybe ex-wife. I don't know that one," Helga says, "It's more of his son's choice if he wants to speak to him. I'd have to be there to supervise but I also don't want to give the son the option." "Is it my father?" Shane asks. "Ding ding ding," Helga said sighing. "Ever since you quote and quote killed him again. Comes demanding I let you two speak. Everyday. I really hate Faciliers." "Well, then," says Shane. "Might as well give him what he wants." "Well, then," says Shane. "Might as well give him what he wants." "No," Helga says waving her hand, shutting the door to the room. "Helga, if Facilier wants to speak with Shane, you should let him," says Allara.  "Allara you know about the see and other things. I know about the Underworld and the dead. If I give in now, Facililer is going to take advantage of that. I also know how villains work. Besides, I would not be surprised if he knew everything that has happened. Including when Shane had to somewhat act like a villain to Clara!" Helga looked to Shane, "He will try and get into your head. That's what villains do!" "It hasn't worked in the past, and it won't work now," says Shane. "But if he tries, then Frollo won't be alone in his punishment." Helga rolled her eyes, "If something goes wrong or if he decides this means he can take advantage of this, I will make sure the fates kill you sooner than your supposed to! And I know when everyone is going to die and how!" She waves her hand and opens the door. "PAIN! PANIC! BRING HIM IN!"