Chapter 17 ~ Speak of the Devil

Episode: Season 11 - The Vessel Pt. 2

Sighing to myself, I made my way down the long hallway back to the library. Apparently, prepping spells made one hungry. Spooning a bite of almond milk yogurt into my mouth, I began to hear heated voices. I frowned. What in the world? Had Cas and Sam disagreed on ingredients? Again? I swear, these boys sometimes...

"I mean, maybe it's because you're like the girl who kept turning me down at the prom?" I heard Castiel's voice say as I came closer.

My eyebrows furrowed at that. What in the world was going on in there? A loud thump pricked my ears then and spoon, cup and all of yogurt slid from my hand as my feet began to race to the sound. But when I arrived, the sight before me shocked me to my core. Cas had Sam pinned to one of the pillars!

"And then when Dean comes back and he finds this place decorated with your guts, I will tell him the truth, Sam. I'll just say, "Dean"-" he began before clearing his throat and lowering his voice to a familiar monotone, "Dean. He knew the risks. He wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."

I gaped, realization flooding my sense as my mind went back to countless hours, decades of training, learning all the history of reapers, demons, mortals, and angels alike.

"Lucifer..." I said, barely audible as I stepped farther into the room, finally gaining the attention of both men.

Lucifer turned around then, one hand still holding Sam back, and grinned maliciously over at me, "In the flesh."

My hand lit up then, a fiery red, as I began to summon the powers bestowed upon me by Death himself. But I never made it to Sam's side as a bolt of white hot energy came streaking from Lucifer's hand, hitting me straight in the chest. My body soared through the air like a rag doll, knocking the wind right out of me as I slammed against the bookshelf hard, the impact jarring my teeth. I gasped for breath, luckily regaining it quickly because of my station as a reaper. But I felt my vision dimming nevertheless as my head throbbed in agony.

"Sam..." I moaned, turning my face in his direction, cheek pressed to the cool wooden floor in the library.

Lucifer shoved his hand into Sam's chest savagely then and he let out a groan of pain as my world went horrifically black.