Chapter 27 ~ Apocalyptic Prep & Survival Plans

Episode: Season 11 - Alpha and Omega Pt. 1

So he did. But it wasn't the answer I remotely wanted to hear. Lucifer was helping us out now along with God, he explained, in order to take down Amara. But...that didn't go as planned. Amara knew it was a trap before she stepped into the room. Somehow she managed to figure it out and when she did...well, after our losses that day, the only thing we could say was that we got Cas back - the real one, I mean.

But God was now injured from the fight- mortally, that is. Which is how I found myself in the library of the Bunker, sitting around a long table with a witch, an angel, a demon, and a god discussing ways to kill the Darkness. You know, just a typical Saturday.

"The Darkness might-might have a weakness... Light," Chuck said, grabbing the bottle of whiskey from Crowley's hands.

"Now he tells us," Crowley muttered sarcastically.

"I-I just wanted to trap her! I didn't want to murder her," Chuck defended his decisions.

"Okay, but now that we're trying to end her, how much light are we talking about?" Sam asked him.

"I don't know. 10,000 suns...set to supernova,"

"Well, you-you're God. So, just God them up," Dean pointed out to him.

"Look at me. I'm-I'm not in the best shape right now," he said wearily, reaching reclining back in his chair.

"Okay. Uh, that's all right. We just need other ideas. Um, Rowena! What about the Book of the Damned?" Sam asked the ginger witch seated across from me.

"This is beyond..." she trailed off, eyes wide as she shook her head.

"Okay. Crowley?"

"Oh, I got nothing," he shrugged and I rolled my eyes at his non-cooperative attitude.

"Well, what about souls? They fuel your demon deals. Souls are living batteries. They're full of energy. They're full of light. Each one is as powerful as 100 suns?" Cas suggested suddenly.

"He makes a good point," I said, Rowena nodding in agreement.

"Okay, so if we got this kind of juice, then what?" Dean asked Rowena.

"You get me enough souls, I can build a bomb," she told them in her thick Scottish accent.

"Would that do the trick?" he directed his question to Chuck.

"Uh...maybe?" he answered Dean, ending it in a question.

"Alright. Plan B." Sam smiled from his perch on the opposite table.

"Okay, how many suns we talking here?" Dean continued.

"The more the better," Rowena replied simply.

Crowley got up from his seat then, interrupting them, "Even if you could get that kind of firepower, you really think it would work?"

"I can ask the angels," Castiel supplied, "Heaven is full of souls,"

"Okay. Uh, what else we got?" Sam pressed them.

"Ghosts?" I suggested, all eyes turning to me, "I mean, they're just souls with baggage, right?"

"Yeah, but we would need a whole lot of them,"

"Waverly Hills," Dean said suddenly, as a light bulb had just went off above his head.

Sam chuckled, nodding, "Waverly Hills Sanatorium. Of course. Thousands died there,"

"Ton of ghosts," Dean beamed.

"This is desperate. And stupid," Crowley told us all blandly, throwing back another sip of his whiskey.

"Well, desperate and stupid's pretty much all we got right now, so..." Dean pointed defensively, eyes narrowing.

"Fine. I'll go raid Hell...see what's left,"

Sam clapped his hands together, smiling, "Alright. Let's get to work."