Chapter 28 ~ Light 'Em Up

Episode: Season 11 - Alpha and Omega Pt. 2

I went with the boys to suck up some ghosts at Waverly after our little meeting. Didn't take long to have a sackful and we were back at the Bunker.

"The angels are...Heaven won't help," Castiel was saying when he got back.

"They know that this is the end, right? Of everything?" Dean asked him angrily.

"Yes," he admitted with a low sigh.

"And they don't care?" Sam asked, frowning as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"No, it's not that. It's...they know-they know God is dying and they don't think we can win this. Souls or no souls. They're sealing Heaven, and they're, quote, 'dying with dignity',"

"Well, that's awesome," I grumbled from my seat beside Rowena on the steps.

"Alright, Crowley, what about you?" my boyfriend asked.

"Well, I had all the souls we needed," he told them nonchalantly.

"What do you mean 'had'?" Dean snapped at him.

"While I was indisposed, a few of my demonic pals decided to raid my stash,"

"Well, what we have - it's not enough," Cas pointed out.

"Yes, thank you, Catherine Obvious," I told him sarcastically, earning a look from the angel in response.

"Captain," Rowena corrected.

I frowned, glancing over at her, "Really?"

She nodded matter-of-factly.

"I always thought it was Catherine..." I trailed off in thought.

Suddenly, the lights overhead flashed to a dark red color - the warning signal.

"Well, that could be nothing but good news..." Crowley grumbled.

I bit my lip as the boys immediately cocked their guns, aiming for the large iron door as a set of footsteps came closer and closer. Finally, the door swung open, all eyes glued to the figure that stepped inside the Bunker. But it was the last person any of us expected to see.

"Billie?" the boys asked in unison, surprise registering in their voices.

I glared daggers at her as she sauntered down the stairs to us. Meanwhile, I got up to protectively stand beside my boyfriend - even if I was only 5'5. I mean, it was the thought that counted, right?

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked her in confusion.

"I saw you three at Waverly Hills, and call me a curious kitten, but with, you know, credits about to roll, I got to ask: why are you busting ghosts?" she replied, eyeing us.

"What do you care?" I snapped at her.

"Calm down, Baby Grim. Dead folks - kind of my thing. Surely you still remember that?"

I moved to step forward but Sam pulled me back as him and Dean finally filled her in on our plans.

She nodded then, "Okay,"

"Okay?" Sam asked her, dumbfounded, "Uh, w-what does that mean, 'okay'?"

"Means way things are going, I'm about an hour away from reaping God himself," she elaborated as we all glanced over at God who was now huddled in a corner close to Rowena, one hand on his side as if he was in pain.

"So you're here to help us," Dean said, arching one eyebrow in skepticism.

"Little tip - you want souls? Call a reaper." she shrugged.

I frowned, not liking this exchange one bit. But still...she had a point. The boys needed all the help they could get - the world was ending and all we had to show for it was one witch, a dying God, a King of Hell, a more-or-less estranged angel, and three humans - two of which were skilled hunters. But me? I was dead weight. And we all knew it.

Surprisingly, though, she kept her part of the bargain - collecting hundreds of thousands of souls for Rowena and the boys. I glanced over at them after Billie left, Rowena holding the now-glowing rock that held all the slivers of souls within it.

"So what now?" I asked, gaining her attention as she fixed her green-eyed gaze on me.

"Now we build a bomb."