Chapter 26 ~ Don't Look At My Legs!

Episode: Season 11 - We Happy Few

I woke up warm, warmer than I'd been in years. It was only as my eyes ever so slowly blinked open that I realized it was due to Sam's soft embrace, my cheek pressed to the warm bare skin of his chest. Glancing up, I was met by the still, sleeping face of Sam. His eyes were shut, feathery dark eyelashes fanning out across the tops of his cheeks. He looked so peaceful, I thought, smiling to myself.

But I, on the other hand, was starving. Because apparently, humans ate a lot. I'd have to get used to this all over again. Untangling myself from Sam's muscular arms, I slipped into his plaid shirt that had been discarded on the floor last night, the material reaching just past my knees before I quietly snuck out of his bedroom. The hallway was deserted however and I could hear Dean's contented snores from the other room. Once I'd reached the kitchen, I began to make myself a slice of toast, almost to pull out the blueberry jelly when an eerily familiar voice stopped me.

"My, my. What do we have here?"

I spun at the sound, bread-knife clattering to the floor as Cas - rather not Cas - eyed me up and down, gaze lingering on my bare legs. I was about to snap at him in response to his little comment when there was a shuffle in the doorway behind him and Sam appeared.

'Cas' turned just as Sam pulled a shirt over his head, covering his abs. If it wasn't for 'Cas' standing there, I would've protested. I mean, what girl wouldn't have?

"Wow, Sammy-boy. Got yourself one with a nice pair of legs-" he started to say to my boyfriend, smirking to himself.

"Cas- I mean, Lucifer- Casifer- whatever! Quit talking about my legs before I make you quit talking!" I snapped at him before Sam began to propel me out of the room, me kicking the entire way until I was in the hallway with him.

I glared up at Sam as he released me, grumbling, "I could have handled that, ya know. I could have taken him,"

Sam rolled his eyes, snorting, "Yeah, sure, you could have."

"So explain yourself then. Why is he here?" I said, crossing my arms.