Reborn

Soo young gets the privilege to sit beside Jinyoung during the stem cell transplant. She's sitting nervously while the doctor and the nurses are  prepping Jinyoung for the transfusion. Wires for heart monitor can be seen portruding from his scrub. A nurse is now adjusting his nasal cannula, asking if Jinyoung feels comfortable enough in which he gives a nod. The nurse then adjusting the pulse oxymeter on Jinyoung's index finger, making sure it's working properly. The other nurse brings in IV bag contains red fluid, the stem cell they harvested from Soo Young months before.  Jinyoung glances at his sister, even when she's wearing mask, Jinyoung can see her resemblance to him. Soo Young is literally a female version of Jinyoung.

"It's all going to be okay, noona", Jinyoung says to her. Jinyoung reaches for his sister hands with his skinny fingers. Soo young grasps her brother's hand gently, not wanting to hurt his frail fingers.
"I know. It's my stem cell, of course it's going to be okay. Noona makes everything better", Soo young boasts to lessen her nervousness.
Jinyoung chuckles, "I guess you're right".
"I'm always right", she says, "you have to be good to me, you know Jinyoung ah? You have to listen to me from now on".
"I will, I will listen you. Thank you for saving my life".
Soo young suddenly feels tear is filling her eyes, she grabs a tissue and quickly wipes her tears. 
"Why are you crying? Aren't you suppose to be happy?", Jinyoung teases his sister.
"I'm crying of happiness, you silly!".
Dr Song and the nurses are smiling seeing the banter between the sibling. Dr Song is particularly glad to see Jinyoung is very relaxed, the old man has a feeling it's all going to be smooth.

Jinyoung turns his head to see his family and six other members of GOT7 are waiting outside of the isolation. They are putting serious face. Jinyoung can see they all are nervous. It's strange though seeing everyone is standing with almost the same expression. Jinyoung knows it probably looks like he's an animal in the zoo, people are watching him from outside of the glass. Old Jinyoung would be furious, he would probably send them away. But surprisingly, Jinyoung glad they are here. Jinyoung wants to see everyone's face right now, and he is relieved he gets to see them all. Jinyoung raises his hand and give a small wave to them, Jinyoung's heart is lit when they all smile at him. Jinyoung is looking at those faces one by one, they are who always give Jinyoung strength to keep going. Without them, he wouldn't be able to reach this state.

"Okay, here we go", dr Song inform them calmly, he pushes the button on Jinyoung's IV drip monitor. Red fluid is coming down from the bag, through the tube. Jinyoung is watching attentivelly as the fluid slowly goes into his vein. He knows it's probably just his imagination, but when the fluid is going into his vein, Jinyoung feels a certain sensation. He can't explain the feeling but there are butterflies in his stomach because he can't contain his excitement. For the first time after a long time Jinyoung feels spirited. Jinyoung closes his eyes, in his head he is seeing the image of the stem cells entering his system with red and shining armors just like an anime he used to watch when he was a kid. They flood his body by millions, filling the empty space within him and building a strong concrete wall to protect him. Jinyoung can feel them moving slowly but surely inside of his body.

"It's going to take 4-5 hours in total", the doctor tells him, "it's going to be a bit boring if I may say... But I'm sure your friends will find a way to entertain you. It's best for you if you could get a shut eyes, though".
"Me and my team are on stand by, tell me if you feel anything uncomfortable, anything at all. Or if you feel bored. Just tell me anything".
Jinyoung smiles wide. His chapped lips are protesting, but Jinyoung doesn't care. He's feeling calm.

Doctor Song explained the potential side effect of the transplant to Jinyoung a few days ago. He told Jinyoung about graft versus host syndrome where the body might reject the new stem cell. Doctor said the probablility is lower in Jinyoung's case because the stem cell that would be infused into him is from his direcrt sibling, but it's still possible. Doctor also mentioned about how the body would possibly react to the new stem cell. Fever and nausea is common, but Jinyoung doesn't see any threat on those. He's constantly having fever and nausea now, he's sure he can handle. There's also possibility that the new stem cell can't grow or can't function well. Means it won't be able to produce new blood. Jinyoung said he decided to trust his sister. If it works, not only he would regain his blood and his immune system again, but the new cells would help to fight the remaining cancer cells. Means, Jinyoung is going to get into remission. Jinyoung couldn't hide his excitement when he heard the doctor said remission, like it's the best thing that ever happened to him. Well, it probably is the best thing.