Fight Me

Thank you, tumblr, for your never ending writing prompts.

Alex POV

"Fierro, patient in room 28B, influenza. Almost keeled over with the stuff, so up the antibiotics."  Chief Nurse, Carol, called from the end of the hall. (Yeah so idk anything about hospitals or nursing or whatever so if you do please  let me know so I can change it) Nodding, I set out for 28B. Just outside the door was a sheet with the patients information. Magnus Chase, male, hospitalized for influenza. Grabbing the sheet, I pushed open the door, revealing a mountain of pillows with a stray tuft of fluffy blonde hair sticking out. Smirking, I set down the board, carefully removing one of the pillows. Doing so revealed a set of stormy gray eyes, nose scrunched up at the reveal of bright light.

"Sorry, but I need to destroy your pillow mountain to take your vitals." I said while removing another. He scowled, trying to steal one of them. 

"Fight me." He spoke, voice raspy. I gently retrieved the last of them, 

"Maybe later." I said, beginning to take his temperature.

———-

The next day, I returned to 28B to once again check on Magnus's vitals. Grabbing the clipboard, I pushed the door open, surprised to not find him buried under pillows, instead watching a show. He looked up at me, scowling.

"Figh-" He cut off, coughing and wheezing. Smiling, I got a cut of water, having him cautiously drink it. 

"Fight me." He repeated, voice weaker.

"No, I know you'd win anyway." I patronized. He smiled weakly.

———-

The last day Magnus would be in the hospital, I ran downstairs before the end of my shift, before I made my last round to his room. I grabbed a coffee from the gift shop, ordering an extra. I rode the elevator upstairs, both coffees in hand. I grab a marker from the reception desk, scribbling on it. 

Fight me?

###-###-####

I smiled, grabbing the board and coffee, and heading into his room. I set the coffee down  on the side table, but he was sleeping. I took the last of his vitals, jotting them down on his board. Setting the board down on the counter in his room, I left, accidentally shutting the door louder than I meant to. The slam woke him  up, I realized as I watched from the window to his room. His eyes landed on the coffee. He sat up, grabbing the cup. He read my message. He grabbed his phone, typing something in. A few moments later, a ping came from my phone.

Happily. 12:30, tomorrow? 

I smiled, replying.

Perfect.