An Unlikely Turn Pt.2

Alex POV

I sat at the small tea table in my room, raising my small tea cup to my lips. I glanced over to the hero, sleeping peacefully in the bed. I had patched up his wounds, experienced after many nights of patching myself up against the same person who was currently taking up my bed. 

He frowned, mumbling in his sleep. He thrashed, breathing heavily. I noticed the stitches I had made in his side shifting. If the idiot didn't stop thrashing, he would tear them open. I walked over, climbing on top of him. I wrapped my legs around his waist, sliding my hands into his hair. 

"Shh, calm down. Be still." I muttered into his nice, vanilla scented hair. He jolted awake, panic rising. He tried to shift and push me off, the movement only damaging the stitches more. 

"Calm down. Match your breathing to mine." I say as I tuck my head into the crook of his neck. He calmed ever so slightly, still restless. 

"If I was going to hurt you, I would have done it already. Now calm down before you tear open your stitches." He finally relaxed, and I could feel his heart beat slowing. I breathed in his musty scent, running my hands into his golden locks. I felt his face heat up, and I smirked into his hair. I finally slid off, Magnus now calm. I glided back to my tea, taking a small sip.

"Can't believe you could even stand to be in the same room after all we've been through. Poor thing. Have you calmed down enough to eat something?" I question, gaze  flickering back to the hero. He avoided eye contact, just giving a wary nod. I made my way into my kitchen, warming up some leftover soup. I set up a small tray with the crackers and soup, setting it on my petite coffee table in my living room. 

I found Magnus in my bedroom, breathing heavily again. I rolled my eyes. I scooped up his small frame, holding it to my own. I weaved my way through the hall, placing him on my couch in my living room.  I wrapped the blankets around his shoulders, trying to keep him warm. I turned on some show about penguins on TV, lifting the tray of food between me and the hero. I took a spoonful, raising it to his lips. He hesitated before accepting it. This continued for a while until the bowl was empty. We sat in silence, watching the program. After a while, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I glanced over to see Magnus had fallen asleep on me. I smiled, tucking my arm around him and pulling him closer.