Travelers From Afar

"GET OUT OF HERE! THE SHIP'S GONNA BLOW!" I heard a shriek across the ship. Within a moment, I had grabbed my bag, shoving everything in and rushing out. I gasped as I felt an explosion rock the ship. I needed to get out.

As I veered left, something caught my attention. The pods. Bingo. I ran over, thwacking the button on the panel to open the hatch. I threw in my bag, climbing in. Within a few moments, the pod had left the ship. I glanced out the window just to see the ship blow in a cacophony of red and orange. Yikes. Hope someone else made it out. 

I sighed. I'd be stuck in here until I found another ship, or someone found me. I emptied out my bag. A blanket, some dried fruits and water, my journal and pen, and pouch of coins. 

Sighing, I peeked around the compartments of the pod. A pullout bed, some medical stuff that I didn't know how to use, and enough freeze-dried food and water to last a while. Not bad. 

I sat down at the console, glancing about the buttons. There was nothing to do. I yawned. Might as well get some sleep. Staring out into the great void, the humming of he machinery put me to sleep.

———

A loud beeping woke me up, red lights flashing at me. I woke up, peering out the window. Shit. A big ship was coming. A big one. Like, mothership big. A rumbling came, followed by a bumping. I grabbed onto the chair for support. Within a few moments, the pod door slid open. Two alien looking things marched in, grabbing me and my bag and marching me out. I glanced about the ship as we walked, seeing similar alien types.

"So,  why are there so many of your particular type of alien?" I asked, trying to break the awkwardness.

"We read minds and tell no lies. Our captain likes it." I sighed. This would be fun. Within a few moments, we had arrived at something resembling a bay door. With the push of a button, the door slid open to reveal what looked like a throne room, but more high-tech and a million papers scattered about. On the so called throne was  who I assumed to be the captain of the ship. 

The aliens shoved me forward, so I was practically on my knees in front of him. I glanced up to get a view of the person deciding my fate. He had a deep green suit, decorated my the badges of rank and and war. He had dark green hair, slicked back smoothly. One pale amber eye and one chocolate brown scrutinized me. He got up, almost gliding towards me. A single gloved finger reached under my chin, my stormy grey eyes meeting his heterochromatic ones.

'Hot.' I thought, slight amusement bubbling up in me. The man looked over to the alien closest to him, whose cheeks were flushed. He stood up, leaning his ear toward the alien. The alien whispered, scratching his neck. 

Amusement danced in the captain's eyes. He strolled back towards me, offering a hand. 

"I am hot, aren't I?" His chapped lips held onto mine for a few moments, before pulling away. He placed a delicate hand on the base of my back, and gestured to the closest alien.

"Please, lead him to the room closest to mine. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of each other soon." Nodding, two aliens stepped forwards. As we stepped out, I heard one mutter.

"Human romantic affairs are so weird."