Teasing

I shifted on the couch, trying to find a comfy position. Focusing on my book, I tried to block out the clangs of the construction sight just down the street. I groaned, whacking my head with the book as another crash interrupted my reading. 

"You okay?" Alex asked as he stepped in. "You've been glaring daggers at the ceiling for the past five minutes." 

I shook my head. "That construction site won't stop making noise. I can't do anything. I've even been trying to read. Now I'm  bored  because I can't do anything." Alex stalked over from the kitchen, settling himself on my lap. I felt myself go red.

"Why don't we try to distract ourselves?" He purred. My heart skittered. Even after all this time dating, it got me. He lifted my chin with two fingers. "We can go down and ask them to make less noise?" 

I groaned, whacking him as he stood with a laugh. "Really?" He grinned at me. 

"This is the first of a lot to come."

-

I had finally found my stash of posters along with a container of thumbtacks, and was currently trying to put them up. Nearly falling off, I tried to step up on the stool. 

"Hey, you found the posters!" I smiled as I put another tack in the decoration. 

"Yeah, they were in the attic. And to think, all this time I thought they were in the storage closet." Alex strolled by, looking at the poster. 

"It looks pretty good. You know what else looks good?" He smirked.

"What?" I asked naively. Alex responded by smacking my ass. I squeaked, nearly falling off my stool. I repositioned myself, feeling my face go scarlet. "Alex!" He laughed as he walked out. 

-

I stirred a pot, mixing in pasta. The steam from the pot rose up, warming up my face. I prepared a strainer, as well as a bowl and fork. I turned back to the boiling food. Hearing Alex enter the room, I restrained a groan. He was having a lot of fun today.

"Making some food?" 

"Mm-hm." I said tightly. 

"You know what I'd like to eat?" He muttered at my ear, lingering beside me. I felt frustration rise up in me. As he trailed a finger along my neck, I whipped around, pushing him up to a wall. There wasn't an inch of space between us, our breaths mingling. His eyes showed a hint of surprise, and something else I couldn't quite make out. 

"You," I growled at him. "Should stop now." I leaned closer to him. "You've been driving me crazy." 

A buzzer rang from the kitchen, signaling the completion of my food. I turned away, letting him drop. I grabbed the strainer, pouring the pasta in. Alex stuttered, at a loss for words. I smirked, trying to hide it. Pouring the pasta in the bowl, I grabbed a fork, strolling by Alex. 

Lifting my fingers to his chin, I copied him from before. "I'm going to go eat now. There's some leftover pasta." I laughed as I heard him groan, leaving the room. 

is it weird I got hungry writing about the pasta